Development Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Development Roadmap

Postby alagar » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:39 pm

i just hope you will put more effort in the update than you did in the "dumb" helmet you gave to claeyt.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby Trenial » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:59 pm

So wait....

You guys are gonna make Salem into an actual like...online game? Like...a Crafting MMO?

Why did this never get thought up and implimented before? I mean it was fun for awhile playing Salem the Grinding Arena Forum Warrior Alt Spam game for awhile there.

RIP Salem, thank God.

:D
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby CINAR » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:40 pm

Will there be any change for mines,mining,metalurgy?
For now purity and multiplier or iron bars means so little.. For example what about improving damage according to purity multiplier of iron bar that ve craft our sabres?
Or durability of weapon again according to multiplier? By doing so we can make a new way for mining and related things..
Thx for you r answers and opinions..
CINAR

Postby dotatom » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Expeditions: This server/game is too old and people are too strong. Its too late to start now.
Our favorite system and the "Launch" of Salem. A way to even the playing field for players on a periodic basis without necessarily being forced to wipe all servers and characters each time.[/quote]

what you mean? does this mean new servers? confused
dotatom

Postby Dallane » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:50 am

dotatom wrote:what you mean? does this mean new servers? confused

God i hope it doesn't mean that. Thats what ***** up the game last time.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Michael » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:14 am

Dallane wrote:
dotatom wrote:what you mean? does this mean new servers? confused

God i hope it doesn't mean that. Thats what ***** up the game last time.

expeditions might be PR code for server transfer... idk
Michael

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:25 am

joshnpk wrote:Now maybe I'm thick and my heads not working (which is very possible) but to me this sounds like some sort of LFR instanced **** from WOW. Are you saying that you can buy a ticket to a certain event thing like "go explore the abandoned town hidden in a secrete valley". And then when it starts you'll be teleported to an area that's not connected to the main server which will be were you experience the expedition? Also you said you can send a 5/5/5/5 to accomplish a goal or task. By this do you mean you could accomplish the expedition even if your humors were only 5/5/5/5 or that you wouldn't wanna send your main and instead would send a new 5/5/5/5? Cause if so wouldn't that be against you not wanting to encourage people making alt's?

Either way I would like to say that I'm very happy with the amount of community interaction you have done since taking over and I do in general really like the direction you seem to be taking the game.

Hmmm... Its definitely not an instance as There will "hopefully" be a LARGE population taking part in the current expedition, given we plan on only having one going on at a time. I suppose I should try to be more optimistic than that. We plan on having one Expedition per every 1,000 simultaneous players going on at a time ¦] . Also, it should be noted that you can ONLY send a 5/5/5/5 on the expedition. Your mains will stay on providence and "hopefully" help in various ways like funding your characters on expedition. But the expedition will very much be a fresh start each time one occurs.

Basically, if Salem is getting a bit stale with your main, there is always a fresh expedition to go on with a pretty major twist to the gameplay! If you are still enjoying Salem on your main then by all means stay on providence and don't buy a ticket to the expedition.

CINAR wrote:Will there be any change for mines,mining,metalurgy?
For now purity and multiplier or iron bars means so little.. For example what about improving damage according to purity multiplier of iron bar that ve craft our sabres?
Or durability of weapon again according to multiplier? By doing so we can make a new way for mining and related things..
Thx for you r answers and opinions..

Yes Purity metal is its own thing. We currently hope for it to effect the digging speed, chopping speed, and other various values on tools. Given that we do not currently have intentions for putting purity on structures purity Iron will most likely be limited in its use to tools/swords etc. Also, we are not sure about durability. The jury is very much a split decision at the moment if tools should decay. Would love general feedback from the community on that.

Dallane wrote:God i hope it doesn't mean that. Thats what ***** up the game last time.

We have no intention of opening additional servers unless population spikes so high lag becomes unbearable. Even then we would rather make attempts to optimize the game at that point than to separate the community.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby joshnpk » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:02 am

JohnCarver wrote:Yes Purity metal is its own thing. We currently hope for it to effect the digging speed, chopping speed, and other various values on tools. Given that we do not currently have intentions for putting purity on structures purity Iron will most likely be limited in its use to tools/swords etc. Also, we are not sure about durability. The jury is very much a split decision at the moment if tools should decay. Would love general feedback from the community on that.

I personally don't like the idea of items having durability, I can remember in the past when needing a lot of stone or wood thinking that I'm glad my tools don't have durability, especially in the early game where getting the silver for some more iron to make a new tool could take quite a lot of effort.
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:16 am

tools should absolutely have durability, if anyone beyond a week into the game is having trouble supplying themselves with iron they are doing it wrong.
Darwoth

Postby Dammit » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:48 am

Darwoth wrote:tools should absolutely have durability, if anyone beyond a week into the game is having trouble supplying themselves with iron they are doing it wrong.

+1 for tool durability and wear on everything. Perhaps even slotted clothing? Or did I go to far? :P

I think clothes should wear and rip and break. Otherwise we just never craft stuff again and its useless..
Dammit

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements