Development Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Development Roadmap

Postby Tomki » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:46 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
TruthTeller wrote:
I am loving your idea. :lol:

We are pretty much certain we want an invisible curse a witch can place on a player that makes slotting break 3X more often than the tool tip suggests to them ¦]

Goddamned John, I think I have that already! You propably ninja patched it..
Tomki

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Tomki wrote:
Is there some way hermits can acquire a stall or a way to sell their goods? It doesn't matter if those stalls are not in ideal position as you can always make rarer goods or drop prices. For example a lesser market area farther down to beach with lots of stalls.

Yes I probably should have been more clear. We also hope to have an area of less desirable, cheaper stalls that the average joe can use if he doesn't want to be a part of a town or open himself to the confrontation to the other ones.

Michael wrote:May I ask for you to clarify what is happening on July 4th? Will the in-game timers be changing on this date? (I also heard rumors of an in-game event happening around Boston)

July 4th we will be dropping a Patch that we feel is very considerable in size and should give you all an idea of where we are heading. The primary focus of this patch will be implement what we consider is a fix to the timer situation. The In-game event is scheduled for later in July as we aim to have in-game events as something to look forward to in between major patches.

Nimmeth wrote:Looking forward for the changes, and i really hope that my skepticism is put to shame :)

As do I.

Bearcub wrote:It's sad that "witches" are supposed to come in the end, but as I didn't see anything- I can't know if it's better or worse.
Anyway- good to see your ideas ;)

We too are not going to be happy if we must table such a fundamental mechanic to Salem until the end. As such, we are hoping to introduce small tidbits to begin advancing towards witchcraft and dabbling in it prior to the major patch addressing it. No promises on this though as the system itself is quite complicated and may not work when implemented in phases.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:09 pm

You missed the part on the roadmap where you reveal your true colors - e.g. you are the tribe :P

I'm looking forward to the updates!
RonPaulFTW

Postby Wumpe » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:16 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Tomki wrote:
Is there some way hermits can acquire a stall or a way to sell their goods? It doesn't matter if those stalls are not in ideal position as you can always make rarer goods or drop prices. For example a lesser market area farther down to beach with lots of stalls.

Yes I probably should have been more clear. We also hope to have an area of less desirable, cheaper stalls that the average joe can use if he doesn't want to be a part of a town or open himself to the confrontation to the other ones.

why not make a single market where every town has a few slots that are determinated according to the amount of authority towns have.
Wumpe

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Wumpe wrote:why not make a single market where every town has a few slots that are determinated according to the amount of authority towns have.

This is a good idea, however, still does not address those not in towns. We like the idea of Hermits rising to the top of the economical system and one day owning a stall.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby alprice » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Oh I think that is good news to a few hermits I know out there. I can't wait till July 4th it's a holiday and I am off work woot woot!
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby Scilly_guy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:33 pm

I don't really have any questions or anything at the minute but I just wanted to say thanks for keeping us informed and looking forward to Salem Independence Day.
Scilly_guy

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Removed some off topic drivel about LeeLee and the Tribe. Please do not derail announcements, especially not in the first few pages when John is still answering questions about an upcoming change to the game.

~TotalyMeow
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby joshnpk » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:02 pm

JC your the best!

I'm very excited to see where you are going to take this game. however I'm confused about this:

JohnCarver wrote:That is the one thing we are not talking too much about until we get closer to it. You are free to speculate though, and I will correct where horribly wrong. The general feel of it is that you can buy tickets to an expedition from Providence, at which point you can send a 5/5/5/5 to accomplish a specific goal or task. At said point, players will be able to experience their expedition servers back on Providence until the next one begins.

Now maybe I'm thick and my heads not working (which is very possible) but to me this sounds like some sort of LFR instanced **** from WOW. Are you saying that you can buy a ticket to a certain event thing like "go explore the abandoned town hidden in a secrete valley". And then when it starts you'll be teleported to an area that's not connected to the main server which will be were you experience the expedition? Also you said you can send a 5/5/5/5 to accomplish a goal or task. By this do you mean you could accomplish the expedition even if your humors were only 5/5/5/5 or that you wouldn't wanna send your main and instead would send a new 5/5/5/5? Cause if so wouldn't that be against you not wanting to encourage people making alt's?

Either way I would like to say that I'm very happy with the amount of community interaction you have done since taking over and I do in general really like the direction you seem to be taking the game.
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Postby Bearcub » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:00 pm

joshnpk wrote:JC your the best!

I'm very excited to see where you are going to take this game. however I'm confused about this:

JohnCarver wrote:That is the one thing we are not talking too much about until we get closer to it. You are free to speculate though, and I will correct where horribly wrong. The general feel of it is that you can buy tickets to an expedition from Providence, at which point you can send a 5/5/5/5 to accomplish a specific goal or task. At said point, players will be able to experience their expedition servers back on Providence until the next one begins.

Now maybe I'm thick and my heads not working (which is very possible) but to me this sounds like some sort of LFR instanced **** from WOW. Are you saying that you can buy a ticket to a certain event thing like "go explore the abandoned town hidden in a secrete valley". And then when it starts you'll be teleported to an area that's not connected to the main server which will be were you experience the expedition? Also you said you can send a 5/5/5/5 to accomplish a goal or task. By this do you mean you could accomplish the expedition even if your humors were only 5/5/5/5 or that you wouldn't wanna send your main and instead would send a new 5/5/5/5? Cause if so wouldn't that be against you not wanting to encourage people making alt's?

Either way I would like to say that I'm very happy with the amount of community interaction you have done since taking over and I do in general really like the direction you seem to be taking the game.

I don't believe its's possible to remove alts. So I agree in that point that such thing would rather stimulate to alts than do something against it. For me- I see such kind of expeditions attractive for those who already built everything, caught everything up and don't want to make a war but rather be bored of perfection and intend to leave. But I think, John meant sending the brand new version of you. (It'd be interested also in such a perspective if such an expedition will have some restrictions like not allowing to build a town but still letting you to kill anyone).
Trade is the first step to the diplomacy.
Diplomacy is a tool for unification.
Then be honest with your customers to make new bonds!
Bearcub

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements