New Word of WitchCraft - Dev Summit News

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

New Word of WitchCraft - Dev Summit News

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Salemites!
Just a quick update from Sweden! Things are going well and we are on a pretty good high right now after a long dev session with Jorb and Loftar. Just to remind you guys we return next week and hope to have our first bit of content pushed life in the first half of July! There is still A LOT we have to do simultaneously to development at the moment but with each item we tackle like the store, websites, and general business issues of transferring the title, the closer to we get to a place where we can focus more energy on things you directly see and feel.

Anyways, we had a lot of fun talking about various futures of Salem and what it could be. I wanted to share one of those futures with you! This is a LOT of major changes that would take a lot of programming to change many fundamentals. But here it is!

World of WitchCraft
*Blood a bit too unintuitive. Renamed to Hit Points

*Black bile a bit too unintuitive. Renamed to Mana.

*Proficiencies were cumbersome and over complicated. Thus they have been removed. Replaced with Strength, Stamina, and Agility.

*Max Humor cap set @ 60. Do not worry though. We plan on adding expansions that will raise this by 5-10 each time.

*Death now spawns you at the nearest NPC controlled Church. You will have all your stats and items. BUT the items you are wearing will lose durability. As an added sting for your tears you will also have to run back to your body in a ghost form. Unless that is too far. Then you can simply spawn at the church for even more durability loss.

*When starting you will select your faction. The Allegiance to the King now known as "The Allegiance" or the Hoard of Witches. Now known as "The Hoard".

*The Allegiance and The Hoard cannot talk to each other and should not be friends. Even if they are friends. They shouldn't in the game, be friends.

*All items now have a suffix to better define their stat values. These are "of the Ferret" "of the field mouse" and "of the wombat". We look forward to seeing your Pristine Admirals Jacket of the Wombat in all its glory and the diversity this should add.

*New PVP System GroundBattles: There will be an NPC in town you can queue up with. After enough players decide to fight, you will all be teleported away to a separate place in the world full of carnage and chaos. There you can duke it out in different maps. The first will be Capture the Cross of Saint George where you must move a cross of saint george from the other towns area to your area several times to win. Do not fear, death in this area will have little consequence on either your character or the world.

*Mines are now unique to only the group of players that walk into it together. Monsters will spawn inside mines but will be increasingly difficult so bring your friends! Unless your friends are too far away. Then just use another queue system to have them teleported there with you.

*Crickets, Crabs, Squonks, and other critters may now be dropped as Critter-Friends. Critter-Friends will follow you around providing absolutely nothing. We will also be selling these on the store and giving you achievements for collecting them. So know that you should definitely spend your time getting all of them.

*Crafting deemed too complicated. Monsters now simply drop swords and armors instead.

*Swords now sparkle, flame, and animate around to keep up with modern gaming expectations.

*Swords now appropriately 2x-5x the size of your character.

*100 new Emotes.

*All players data, levels, hit points, and achievements knowable to all other players at all times.

*Killing other players now gives points. You can buy stuff with these points. Every few months everything you bought will become obsolete, and you will have new incentive to earn more points. We anticipate this system should work for nearly a decade.

*Remove player collision. Allow players to kneel down and look up another players invisible body for better understanding of the 3D mesh structure of the models.

*Horses now summonable as mounts. Also collapse down and fit inside your backpack.

Anyways, I hope this gives you a good idea of a game and Future we unanimously decided Salem is not. ¦]
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: New Word of WitchCraft - Dev Summit Update

Postby neored9 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:37 am

Had me going until

JohnCarver wrote:*Proficiencies were cumbersome and over complicated
neored9

Postby alloin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:43 am

It's not april the 1st is it ?

OKOK (i better read to the end before replying)
JohnCarver wrote:Anyways, I hope this gives you a good idea of a game and Future we unanimously decided Salem is not. ¦]

¦] ¦] ¦] ¦]

So what's the point of this post ?
Last edited by alloin on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Voltaire1512 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:46 am

The lack of Steam Achievements is disturbing. :lol:

So what's the point of this post?

Humor. Blood, to be precise. ;)
Last edited by Voltaire1512 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voltaire1512

Postby vienradzis » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:52 am

in middle of post i was alrdy taking my hearth pills
vienradzis

Postby Ev1lking » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:15 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Anyways, I hope this gives you a good idea of a game and Future we unanimously decided Salem is not. ¦]

Aww, I was already getting excited. ¦]
Ev1lking

Re: New Word of WitchCraft - Dev Summit News

Postby Orlpar » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:57 am

JohnCarver wrote:*Blood a bit too unintuitive. Renamed to Hit Points

*Black bile a bit too unintuitive. Renamed to Mana.

I began to hate you, but then I loved you even more.
Orlpar

Postby Feone » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:08 pm

JohnCarver wrote:[i]*Blood a bit too unintuitive. Renamed to Hit Points

... I guess that doesn't hurt.
JohnCarver wrote:*Black bile a bit too unintuitive. Renamed to Mana.

Wait.. What..
JohnCarver wrote:*Proficiencies were cumbersome and over complicated. Thus they have been removed. Replaced with Strength, Stamina, and Agility.

This has to be a troll post..
JohnCarver wrote:*Max Humor cap set @ 60. Do not worry though. We plan on adding expansions that will raise this by 5-10 each time.

No way.

. . .

JohnCarver wrote:Anyways, I hope this gives you a good idea of a game and Future we unanimously decided Salem is not. ¦]

Heh nice.
Feone

Postby nonsonogiucas » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:26 pm

:shock: JC you are soooooo clever!

You just caused everybody to love you more than ever by actually telling nothing about the future of the game!

:geek: ...I've got a lot to learn from you man...

p.s. Please do give me ghost form for dead characters... soooo much nostalgia :D !
I was lucky...
nonsonogiucas

Postby Brona » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:06 pm

S'a ***** move brah...
Brona

Next

Return to Announcements