New Word of WitchCraft - Dev Summit News

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: New Word of WitchCraft - Dev Summit News

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:14 pm

Guthix_Wizard wrote:like who thought the term blood should replace hit points? were they thinking it was creative?
yellow bile, black bile , phlegm? pretty stupid imo

A lot of this game references history; the Humor system is based on the old medical belief that your state of health was directly related to the balance of four humors in your body: The Four Humors.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Suffragium » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Guthix_Wizard wrote:man for the last 2 days i actually thought this was a serious update

it made sense up until halfway down the post, shame i was going to ask if there was going to be a wipe mid july for the 60 humour cap to take effect

i actually liked half the ideas on the OP , not the absurdly obvious WOW clone updates, but some things did make a bit of sense

like who thought the term blood should replace hit points? were they thinking it was creative?

i know you guys program the game yourselves and put a lot of thought into every line, but seriously some things about this game are just out of place, obviously everyone is used to phlegm meaning stamina and the proficiencies and skills tables aren't so hard once you get a hang of the menu and how it works, but at the base line of the game picking up nuts and berries "crafting" them into something you can "study" , wiping all the other full bars even if they were 10000/500 , or feasting sessions can be complicated for new players and its something that bothered me initially as-well but it goes without saying its a trade mark of this game and its predecessor

Anyhow im just rambling, shame tho i was looking forward to a few of those ideas

Honestly the 60 humour cap was a somewhat good idea. Would definitely make most of the people able to fight the Tribe. Rest were ****** but trolly.
Something deep or funny
Suffragium

Postby Dallane » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Guthix_Wizard wrote:man for the last 2 days i actually thought this was a serious update

it made sense up until halfway down the post, shame i was going to ask if there was going to be a wipe mid july for the 60 humour cap to take effect

i actually liked half the ideas on the OP , not the absurdly obvious WOW clone updates, but some things did make a bit of sense

like who thought the term blood should replace hit points? were they thinking it was creative?

Anyhow im just rambling, shame tho i was looking forward to a few of those ideas

You are whats wrong with people today. Watch pbs get some education
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Mereni » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Suffragium wrote:Honestly the 60 humour cap was a somewhat good idea. Would definitely make most of the people able to fight the Tribe.

No, it would it easier for the Tribe to kill most of the people, since none would be able to get an advantage of humors, which is important for many of you. If what I've seen on the forums and in game is true, almost no one is actually practicing PvP but the Tribe so it's not like you're going to be able to rely on experience if everything else is forced to be equal.
Mereni

Postby Procne » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:58 pm

With humour cap you might have same humours as the tribe. Except the tribe will still have 5x more chars with capped humours
Procne

Postby Suffragium » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Mereni wrote:
Suffragium wrote:Honestly the 60 humour cap was a somewhat good idea. Would definitely make most of the people able to fight the Tribe.

No, it would it easier for the Tribe to kill most of the people, since none would be able to get an advantage of humors, which is important for many of you. If what I've seen on the forums and in game is true, almost no one is actually practicing PvP but the Tribe so it's not like you're going to be able to rely on experience if everything else is forced to be equal.

ok
Something deep or funny
Suffragium

Postby Icon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:53 am

On that note, please for the love of zombie Jesus, change the colors of phlegm and black bile, its so obvious there backwards, even jorbtar admitted that once.

2 lines of hex, common here
Icon

Postby Trenial » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Darwoth wrote:
Claeyt wrote:At the very least you should rename it green bile or change the color to grey or blackish. You have no idea how many noobs ask me where to find their "Black Bile". It's horribly named.

it is not "horribly named" you ***** idiot, it represents one of the cardinal elements of humorism.

hence the reason they are called humors *****.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humorism

Kind of feels like the spirit behind the game is getting killed. I understand your average uneducated child will have no idea wtf the above is, but some of are educated adults and know about the above. It shouldn't be a simple lets rename them or change the colors. It should be a setting in an options screen: Classic(Classic MMO) or Occult(Old System).

Oddly the more I think about the new system and how its suppose to help, I feel like I've played salem too long, and it will just be encumbersome to adapt.
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby Frakked » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:43 am

Guess that's the big question in a way...

Where is the biggest buck?

Kids who don't have credit cards...and the few who do... who can spend in the cash shop and play when they aren't in school?

Adults who can reliably spend in the credit shop... who choose not too because they are mature enough to realize you can't have it all at once... and some effort is required for success.

Toss up..

LOL this question would make a great POLL> however I can't post such seemingly
Frakked

Postby Mereni » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:29 am

You two do realize that this thread is a troll, right? The OP was a joke, if a little late for April Fools.
Mereni

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements