What's in Store

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: What's in Store

Postby Thor » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:40 pm

But don't get me wrong here, I'm all in for game economy built mostly by player trading.
This requires to actually have lot's of players in the first place though =P
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby darnokpl » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Thor wrote:But don't get me wrong here, I'm all in for game economy built mostly by player trading.
This requires to actually have lot's of players in the first place though =P

Agreed but for in-game economy you need in-game trades and for that you need ability to trade without revealing who you are.
People are doing that using new accounts and trade alts, but imo it is stupid. We need some kind of market when I can say I want to buy/sell 50% purity seeds and you wouldn't knew who I am, because nobody is going to trade with potential enemy and with very limited trade we can't have economy.

As for store prices, guys if you have any stats how many things was sold it is easy to calculate price ;)
For packs that got lowest sell ratio lower price by 5% every week and check stats, if people are starting to buy it like crazy go up for +10% and you got right price for that pack :P
darnokpl

Postby Judaism » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Something like an Action House, has been in the ideas thread several times.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Minor technical difficulties bringing the store down today. New target date tomorrow.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby alloin » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:29 pm

The store is fine as it is, take that from someone who spent almost or over 500$ on the store.

The founding father set should just be deleted in my opinion, it's the only 'pay2win' pack in the store and is a bit overpriced (even though i don't mind it that expensive since i consider it the only 'pay2win' item, it's too fast ingame-progress to be bought!)
Silver is also slightly overpriced in my opinion, but there's enough ways to earn silver ingame that deleting or making it cheaper wouldn't change much.
Making it cheaper would increase the sales though.

I would love to see mask-mystery-boxes, and even clothing-mystery-boxes, and what about a tool-mystery-box? It would contain all kind of tools, with a superlow % of finding a halberd, a rapier, or any type of special looking item. (I know some people who would buy boxes untill they had a halberd!! including myself)

I didn't like the previous player owned stalls in Salem, there were too expensive, there were too few, or the bigger groups bought them all up.
I don't like the idea of an auction house though, it creates less interaction with other players.
However, I would love to see player-owned stall in the form of a player being the vendor/stall.
You could add a shopitem or a new end-game skill called a 'selling license' which would allow the player to afk-sell/buy 4 to 6 items
(shopitem being time-limited to prevent altspamming, or a very-very-end-game skill)
kinda like in Ragnarok Online

Thats some thoughts I had on the fly =)
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Tomki » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:47 pm

There's some great ideas! We really need some kind of market for offline players (for different time zones).
Tomki

Postby Kreek » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:02 pm

I draw the line of 'pay to win' when things that give a player an advantage in any way are unobtainable unless bought.
I'm not sure how this would be interpreted with things like advantageous hats. I can get one through killing/trading but it would be tough.
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.
Kreek

Postby royalcheesecake » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:23 pm

For myself, I enjoy the game more if I don't buy anything to give me any kind of in-game advantage, including silver. That being said, even though money is very tight for me right now I would love to be able to purchase items that add a little more fun. Unique clothes, flowers, packs to decorate your claim, etc. Things that are wants, not needs. I know a lot of us love hats, it would be awesome if you could purchase a way to design your own hat, choices of style, color and so on.

Speaking of silver, I normally find an average of 2-6 Indian feathers every 6-8 hours I play. Since the new devs, I've only found 1 in the past 20 hours or so I've played. Anybody else notice a difference?

BTW, loving the changes, looking forward to even more. Thanks devs!

Bookfreak
royalcheesecake

Postby ezgoezit » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:25 pm

I think it is just random. I was going through a dry spell up until we had the new team come on board and I have been finding more feathers than arrowheads recently; three in the last hour alone.

Ez
Sic Erat Scriptum (Thus was it written)
ezgoezit

Postby royalcheesecake » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:48 pm

I think it is just random. I was going through a dry spell up until we had the new team come on board and I have been finding more feathers than arrowheads recently; three in the last hour alone.

Hope you're right. I've only been back to the game a week after a 6 month hiatus, and I have a new claim to finance!

Bookfreak
royalcheesecake

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements