What's in Store

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: What's in Store

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Claeyt wrote:Can I recommend selling all the pieces of the packages for less amounts? Say the Redcoat's jacket for $10 or whatever. I'd really love to see cheaper packages and much more stuff. I know half of us veteran players would buy every hat available if you made 50 new hats for $1 each only in the store.

We always felt some store items were a tad pricey. This would be a great thread for the community to discuss at what prices they would have and would not have bought certain things.

It would also be worth it to hear at what price would be too cheap where even if you did not buy something you would feel upset that somebody who did had access on a 'store' got too much for too little. I am assuming there are loyal players who for their own reasons have no intentions of using a store but still have input on what their fellow salemites should be able to get for their money.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kreek » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:10 pm

I'm a loyal Salem fan who for my own reasons does not use the store. I'd like the store to stay away from pay to win.
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.
Kreek

Postby Thor » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:16 pm

IMO silver is way too expensive.
1000 silver for 10$ would be more realistic.. Last time I checked silver wasn't really a big issue due argopelter farming.
Mystery box price is OK. Founding Father's pack should be around 40$ and smaller packs (adventurer's, pioneer's and fisherman's) around 10$. Redcoat around 20$.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Kreek wrote: I'd like the store to stay away from pay to win.

So would we. Salem is a bit of a funny game to define in terms of 'win' conditions though. I would love to hear where you draw the win line. So far all we know so far is we do not want to sell anything that will give direct combat advantages or have a direct influence on the outcome of a siege. What else does the community find unacceptable?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Judaism » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:18 pm

I shoudn't decrease the prices so much, perhaps silver quite a bit the other stuff seems just about right.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby alprice » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:22 pm

I think store bought items should return to the original owner when a character is killed. Lol that would be so funny! Darwoth would maybe quit killing us all!!
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Thor wrote:IMO silver is way too expensive.
1000 silver for 10$ would be more realistic.. Last time I checked silver wasn't really a big issue due argopelter farming.
Mystery box price is OK. Founding Father's pack should be around 40$ and smaller packs (adventurer's, pioneer's and fisherman's) around 10$. Redcoat around 20$.

I personally found silver to be a larger issue this world with the argo-nerf. argo trophy is now only 125 which really did make it a big difference in the economy imo.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Judaism » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:26 pm

alprice wrote:I think store bought items should return to the original owner when a character is killed. Lol that would be so funny! Darwoth would maybe quit killing us all!!

JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Thor » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:32 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Thor wrote:IMO silver is way too expensive.

I personally found silver to be a larger issue this world with the argo-nerf. argo trophy is now only 125 which really did make it a big difference in the economy imo.

Hence the "last time I cheked" ;)
Still quite profitable business I'd say.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Judaism » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:35 pm

JohnCarver wrote:

It remains our #1 source of silver, however silver is a ***** nowadays. Mostly you are better of selling your olied boards instead of hunting.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements