Nice Thing: Seasonal Stall

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Nice Thing: Seasonal Stall

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:04 am

Salemites,
I present to you your Seasonal Stall

Commissioned by his Majesty himself for his personal desires, and located near the docks, this will be periodically updated every few weeks with different items. Sometimes his majesty wishes to procure a specific good from the new world. Other times a virgin material may make its' way to the stall to purchase. We will be replacing this stall with a more unique graphic once we complete training with SeaTribe on that section of the code.

In this particular case we were not happy with the current uses for the in-game spider and have temporarily implemented a solution of allowing its silk to be purchasable for silver. Also, anybody who missed the event earlier and did not get their rose may now buy one for a small fee.

Please note that we do not consider "Nice Things" to be a patch. Nice Things will be our method to keep things interesting between patches which are currently slated to always be weeks, not months.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Nice Thing: Seasonal Stall

Postby Suffragium » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:05 am

HYPE

I've said it before and I'll say it again: MM Tribe or not, these devs have already done more in a day than what JLo would do in weeks.
Last edited by Suffragium on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Something deep or funny
Suffragium

Postby Binks » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:08 am

JohnCarver wrote:Salemites,
I present to you Binks your new mod for 2014

YAYYYYY I WINNN!
Binks

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:12 am

Quick BUGFIX: Regular cobwebs and spider fibres were a bit too similar in the code for the stalls liking. As such the king was getting swindled for his silver and we were forced to have it changed. The stall should now recognize between boiled spiders and abandoned cobwebs.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Mereni » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:13 am

I'm hunting spiders right now! They're tougher than I remember. :/
Mereni

Postby CobiEven » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:14 am

Suffragium wrote:HYPE

I've said it before and I'll say it again: MM Tribe or not, these devs have already done more in a day than what JLo would do in weeks.

Agreed. Updates will bring people back. Give us crumbs every now and then to keep us guessing and yearning for the next. I told you the Tribe was not killing this game but a lack of interest by the devs was. But few of you wanted to go there.
CobiEven

Postby Dallane » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:16 am

CobiEven wrote: I told you the Tribe was not killing this game but a lack of interest by the devs was. But few of you wanted to go there.

Been saying that for a year+ now
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby CobiEven » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:27 am

Dallane wrote:
CobiEven wrote: I told you the Tribe was not killing this game but a lack of interest by the devs was. But few of you wanted to go there.

You are right. You went there way before me.
CobiEven

Postby Dallane » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:31 am

CobiEven wrote:
Dallane wrote:

You are right. You went there way before me.

This world pop was doing great until the updates stopped. Sad.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Claeyt » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:33 am

NEW HAT AND HAIR HYPE

jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Next

Return to Announcements