The Winds of Change

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: The Winds of Change

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:35 pm

A 3 element system, with the "4th element" now simply representing what is missing between the other 3.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby simple » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:23 pm

JohnCarver wrote:A 3 element system, with the "4th element" now simply representing what is missing between the other 3.

Will there be a purity reset for all items on the map at some point?
simple

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:28 pm

simple wrote:Will there be a purity reset for all items on the map at some point?

Undecided. If there is a way to port the data values of the old items into the new system we will certainly explore that option first.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Feone » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:23 pm

The only issue with existing purity that I could see is if metal got a powerful effect.

All the other purity values are capped so low right now they'd hardly be able to break anything.
Feone

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Feone wrote:The only issue with existing purity that I could see is if metal got a powerful effect.

All the other purity values are capped so low right now they'd hardly be able to break anything.

We too agree with this assessment.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Frakked » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:36 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Feone wrote:The only issue with existing purity that I could see is if metal got a powerful effect.

My biggest issue with the last attempt at Mine purity... is it seemingly had no effect on all metal objects- specifically the base metal bars.

IE- Jorb nerfed dowsing rods... but not the metal bars... so if one had 2 metal bars on hand... after patch... it was all of seconds to recreate a new rod... and some very few could continue on as if no nerf ever occured... and the only ones that really lose where those who made silver transactions or didn't have bars on hand.

(I personally ended up with 5 rods all at zero %... and the 2500 silver I spent... I never got any of it back. If I'd been brand new to the game... I wouldn't be posting here... I'd be gone forever most like.)

A repeat of that I urge you to avoid if at all possible.

After lost wipe- this was the first substantial dip in player base... this fiasco. This started the number rolling downwards... this lack of thoroughness was a huge mistake.
Last edited by Frakked on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frakked

Postby Dallane » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:42 am

Frakked wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:

My biggest issue with the last attempt at Mine purity... is it seemingly had no effect on all metal objects- specifically the base metal bars.

IE- Jorb nerfed dowsing rods... but not the metal bars... so if one had 2 metal bars on hand... after patch... it was all of seconds to recreate a new rod... and some very few could continue on as if no nerf ever occured... and the only ones that really lose where those who made silver transactions or created something with bars on hand.

A repeat of that I urge you to avoid if at all possible.

After lost wipe- this was the first substantial dip in player base... this fiasco. This started the number rolling downwards... this lack of thoroughness was a huge mistake.

You are clueless.

Larger font doesn't make you misinformation any more real, it just makes you look stupid as *****.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Frakked » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:47 am

Dallane wrote:
You are clueless.

Larger font doesn't make you misinformation any more real, it just makes you look stupid as *****.

I prefer larger font vs bold text. It's my preference and my comment wasn't clueless... any idiot noted a sudden drop in population after that patch... and why.

Your quick-draw, ignorant response... is reminiscent of my worst drunk episode.

No- that isn't a compliment... just in case you are wondering.
Frakked

Postby Dallane » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:49 am

Frakked wrote:
Dallane wrote:
You are clueless.

I prefer larger font vs bold text. It's my preference and my comment wasn't clueless... any idiot noted a sudden drop in population after that patch... and why.

Your quick-draw, ignorant response... is reminiscent of my worst drunk episode.

No- that isn't a compliment... just in case you are wondering.

Larger font or bold doesn't make your erroneous comment any more viable.

I'm quick-draw mcgraw son.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby simple » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:58 am

Can u not call him a stupid ***** in an announcement post?
Or like any post?
simple

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements