New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:02 am

Greetings Pilgrims and Natives,

I am your new Community Manager, TotalyMeow. :D As you might have noticed, there is a new set of Forum Rules. Please read them and try to obey.

As part of the new start, we've unbanned all accounts. There are a few major changes to take note of. Perma banning will no longer be done, instead bans of various lengths will be given based on the severity of the offense. Multiple forum accounts are now allowed, details on that are in the rules.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me or voice them in this thread.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3782
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Postby Claeyt » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:21 am

I see that the rules now include no racism, sexism or anything against a persons sexuality. I'd like to thank you for that but what exactly will the bans be for something like that.

Also will you be keeping the same mods for now?

Also are you the same person as John Carver or are you someone else at MM inc.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child


As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
User avatar
Claeyt
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:29 am

Claeyt wrote:I see that the rules now include no racism, sexism or anything against a persons sexuality. I'd like to thank you for that but what exactly will the bans be for something like that.

Also will you be keeping the same mods for now?

Also are you the same person as John Carver or are you someone else at MM inc.


Length of bans will depend on the severity and context of the offense. For the most part, they won't last more than a couple weeks.

We have no plans to change the moderation team at this time.

I am not the same person as John Carver, no.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3782
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Postby Tamasin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:34 am

Why is your name so similar to TotalyMoo?
Tamasin
Customer
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Re: New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Postby Claeyt » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:34 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Claeyt wrote:I see that the rules now include no racism, sexism or anything against a persons sexuality. I'd like to thank you for that but what exactly will the bans be for something like that.

Also will you be keeping the same mods for now?

Also are you the same person as John Carver or are you someone else at MM inc.


Length of bans will depend on the severity and context of the offense. For the most part, they won't last more than a couple weeks.

We have no plans to change the moderation team at this time.

I am not the same person as John Carver, no.

Some of the racism and homophobia have been really toxic on this forum. Do you plan to enforce more strict posting rules concerning those two topics? Do you plan on banning or trimming some of the other more toxic posting?

Also both you and JC seem like you've played Salem before. How much have you played and who were you in game?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child


As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
User avatar
Claeyt
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Postby Khaztropix » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:49 am

Claeyt wrote:Also both you and JC seem like you've played Salem before. How much have you played and who were you in game?


WTF?!?! JC? No way this is Jordan Coles.... right?!?!
Khaztropix
Prince of the Gingerbread Men
I ride horse with Gods
User avatar
Khaztropix
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:29 am

Re: New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:52 am

Tamasin wrote:Why is your name so similar to TotalyMoo?


I spent some time reading this forum so I would be familiar with all of you and with politics here. Using an adaptation of the TotalyMoo screen name amuses me.

Claeyt wrote:Some of the racism and homophobia have been really toxic on this forum. Do you plan to enforce more strict posting rules concerning those two topics? Do you plan on banning or trimming some of the other more toxic posting?

Also both you and JC seem like you've played Salem before. How much have you played and who were you in game?


There is a rule regarding racism, etc:

5. No pornographic, racist or otherwise discriminatory or inappropriate text or images. This can include, but is not limited to: overly abusive, sexist, or racist language; disparaging any religion, race, gender, age group, or sexual orientation, threatening persons with actions in real life. The moderation team is the final arbiter of what is or is not inappropriate.

I do plan on enforcing that rule. As outlined in the Punishments section, inappropriate posts and threads will be trimmed and posters of said offensive content will be banned.

I'm familiar with the game's mechanics, of course.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3782
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Postby alloin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:32 am

Hi TotalyMeow !
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
User avatar
alloin
Customer
 
Posts: 3031
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:33 am

Re: New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Postby Suffragium » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:41 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
There is a rule regarding racism, etc:

5. No pornographic, racist or otherwise discriminatory or inappropriate text or images. This can include, but is not limited to: overly abusive, sexist, or racist language; disparaging any religion, race, gender, age group, or sexual orientation, threatening persons with actions in real life. The moderation team is the final arbiter of what is or is not inappropriate.

I do plan on enforcing that rule. As outlined in the Punishments section, inappropriate posts and threads will be trimmed and posters of said offensive content will be banned.

I'm familiar with the game's mechanics, of course.


While I do agree to the racism, sexism etc, I do hope that the occasional joke of non-racistic character will be acceptable.
Something deep or funny
User avatar
Suffragium
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: New Community Manager and Forum Rules

Postby Vigilance » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:49 am

Suffragium wrote:While I do agree to the racism, sexism etc, I do hope that the occasional joke of non-racistic character will be acceptable.

Shut up, Breeder. ;)
Image
Suffragium wrote:I love sausages.
User avatar
Vigilance
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Next

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron