A Brave New Salem

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: A Brave New Salem

Postby Ass_Kraken » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:21 am

Binks wrote:
Claeyt wrote:
Binks wrote:It's totally Yourgrandmother!

It's not but

No it's YGM get **** on. Gif is the conformation

What gif?
Ass_Kraken

Postby neored9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:24 am

Champie wrote:
Binks wrote:
Champie wrote:If this is anybody other than jorb then this is the stupidest bunch of ***** I have ever witnessed. If this is jorb, as I contend, then it is ***** brilliant. THIS is a hardcore game, separating the truly weak minded from the strong thinkers.

Weren't you hating on Jorb constantly lately? Now your on his nuts again?

Clearly you weren't paying attention. I've called out jorb on his poor performance related to community relations. I think this is a response to the community - a massive troll by jorb orchestrating a fake takeover by a naive, inexperienced and egotistical company that feeds you all the ***** stuff jorb things we want from him. The funniest part is I just want to jorb to not engage in drive-by douchebaggery in the forums. However, this troll is ***** amazing! It gives us all the ***** nonsense game developers try to sell supporters without any of the actual proof that they have a ***** clue to do anything but make rules.

See, this troll reflects jorb's perception of the critical community in Salem. It is a work of art. Jorb demonstrates that he is an artist, he has the resume and hard proof right in front of our eyes. I totally get the message - the grass is not greener on the other side - jorb and loftar are professionals and they have proven themselves as developers, as far as I am concerned. However, I think jorb could be a little bit more giving to a community that wants to grow but feels the devs don't care enough to give us a few more tools to make that happen while they work on Haven 2.0.

Claeyt's apprentice has spoken.
neored9

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:27 am

Binks wrote:Will we get to meet the rest of the team? Or will only you and totallymeow be talking directly to the community? One thing I liked about Jorb and Loftar is they talked to the average player on an almost daily basis.

I'm sure more names and personalities will come out over time. At this juncture the focus is on the task of fixing what we feel needs improvement and we wish to be careful to not overindulge in PR at the expense of our own performance.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Binks » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:37 am

JohnCarver wrote:I'm sure more names and personalities will come out over time.

Awesome. Well I hope for the best and hope you guys breathe new life into this game!
Binks

Postby darnokpl » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:02 am

Interesting, MM inc you say...
how long to new gluttony patch... months, weeks?
darnokpl

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:12 am

darnokpl wrote:Interesting, MM inc you say...
how long to new gluttony patch... months, weeks?

First lets agree not to call it the "Gluttony Patch". Our first patch, Targeted for weeks (not months). Is aimed at being a collection of several small changes to several big systems. Our goal with the first patch is not to dazzle you with new things you never asked for, nor is it to make sweeping changes to one particular system while the rest remain in need of work. Instead, we hope to improve a little bit of this and a little bit of that as an act of good faith that we might just have a clue what we are doing when it comes to enjoyable game-play.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Champie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:35 am

JohnCarver wrote:...we might just have a clue what we are doing...

jorb, the pretense is strong with your antagonist. It is nicely juxtaposed with the fact that you guys have an established record of delivering compelling game play and interesting and creative themes.

Your "troll" here is really working. If it continues, I will be forced to continue my exaltation of your work as a game designer (I assume loftar is in on this, so he shares all this).

You've really pointed out how hopeless and directionless a project can become, and it clearly takes real professionals, such as you and loftar, to even begin considering building and maintaining a successful game. This "Mortal Moments" character is stupendously stupid and serves well to reflect the ignorance of the nagging masses.

Again, Well Done!
Champie

Postby Blood » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:48 am

I hope this information is true, but alas from experiences in Salem i will say this all feels very fishy and until i see this jorb resignation post I am going to lean towards this is a big hoax. Though to be honest if it is a hoax Jorb your gonna just piss everyone off real bad getting everyone's hopes up and dashing them. If this is all true and we do have a new team in charge i say we wait until their first patch to judge them on whether they can save this ship from the maws of the kraken.
Blood

Postby darnokpl » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:00 am

If this info is true that would only mean Jorb and Loftar hit wall during hafen development and burned out all their motivation to continue that project, for now of course :)
so they are comming back to salem to make few minor fixes and after 2-3 months they will burn out and go back to hafen.
I do understand you can burn out as a coder, but in that way you will never make 1.0 release of any game.

I think I was talking this some time ago (many months ago)... making two games with similar rules and ideas like both haven and salem are, is really stupid.
darnokpl

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:03 am

Good luck with Salem. it would be interesting to see another point of view on hnh/salem system.
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements