A Brave New Salem

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: A Brave New Salem

Postby alloin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:06 pm

JohnCarver wrote:What about thornbush flowers! ¦]

They are bugged, so leave them :p

You can use 4 charges & then make a potion :mrgreen:

Potjeh wrote:Yeah,I'm not sold on that either.

Nobody gives a ..... what you think because you know nothing.... .... , crawl back in your cave (where you don't even play Salem) & never show yourself again please !!
At least give some feedback instead of just no. But you couldn't because... oh well....
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Kaios » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:05 pm

alloin wrote:Nobody gives a ..... what you think because you know nothing.... .... , crawl back in your cave (where you don't even play Salem) & never show yourself again please !!
At least give some feedback instead of just no. But you couldn't because... oh well....

hi person who at one point made posts that weren't filled with a callous and hateful attitude which has likely persisted due to forum toxicity

Potjeh has always given lots of positive feedback and critical judgment of past, current and future mechanics. Just because an opinion differs from yours does not make it any less valuable or crucial towards the overall development of the game. You act like a child.
Kaios

Postby Darwoth » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:18 pm

actually in all the countless times potjeh has chimed in on any issue of note i can not recall a single one of them where he did not base his opinion off of a complete lack of game knowledge thereby making everything he said the very definition of useless and trivial.
Darwoth

Postby Kaios » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Darwoth wrote:actually in all the countless times potjeh has chimed in on any issue of note i can not recall a single one of them where he did not base his opinion off of a complete lack of game knowledge thereby making everything he said the very definition of useless and trivial.

I can't remember you saying anything of any value ever but that doesn't make it true
Kaios

Postby alloin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Kaios wrote:Potjeh has always given lots of positive feedback and critical judgment of past, current and future mechanics. Just because an opinion differs from yours does not make it any less valuable or crucial towards the overall development of the game. You act like a child.

I'm sorry, my relationship with Potjeh is speshal.. And with you too, i know (that you don't like me)!

But tell me, how can he give decent feedback when he doesn't really experiences half of what he says ?
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Kaios wrote:[

I can't remember you saying anything of any value ever but that doesn't make it true

lol, ok. but then you immediately contradict yourself because you know that's not accurate.

go stare at your bob marley poster "dog" :lol: :lol:

Darwoth

Postby Kaios » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:31 pm

alloin wrote:And with you too, i know (that you don't like me)!

I have no reason not to like you, I just respond to posts as I see fit and besides you've also tried to go head to head with me on more than one occasion regarding some of my posts so deal with it.

But tell me, how can he give decent feedback when he doesn't really experiences half of what he says ?

Since I'm not a Seer with the ability to see in to others minds there is really no way for me to confirm if what you say is true or not. For all you know he has tried some things out. For example several times since the last update I've logged in and really tried to play. Was I successful as in did I actually manage to accomplish things? Not really because despite what has been updated thus far it really has done little for the overall pace and general grindy feeling of gameplay.

So to answer your question, he can give decent feedback because:

1. Not everything needs to be thoroughly tested for hours on end before you can get an idea of the pros and cons of a certain mechanic/item/update.
2. Past experiences in this game still count. Past experiences in Haven & Hearth are worth something too and past experiences in any similar game allow one to offer valuable feedback through their own experiences.
3. He's allowed
Kaios

Postby Kandarim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 pm

neored9 wrote:Purity inspirations broke the old world. Certain people had over 1000 Stocks. I don't think that fits in with JC's idea of late game or high end skills.

:oops:

:roll:

:lol:

I don't think you appreciate the kind of dedication 1k stocks required. I myself ground to 500, with 90+% ghostriders. The time it took as well as the resources and dedication is immense. I honestly had no trouble with the effort/reward for the stocks situation pre-providence. I still think it would have been perfectly balanced in combination with a restricted number of fertilizers per seeding.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:50 pm

As long as they put in the foresight needed to make the system more or less work from the get go, any change will end up being okay. It would be nice if there was very little guesstimation involved and instead they do what I've already seem them do, and run predictions based on how the mechanics are going to work :D With the current limitation on spamming inspirationals, the cap for a particular proficiency would've been the point at which the 10% penalty was higher than the highest obtainable amount of that proficiency from any one inspirational. As long as the new system doesn't bury the new achievable caps in the dirt, I'm sure it'll be fine. Keep in mind we still need to farm, slot gear, saw boards and all that jazz, and it'd be nice to not be too horribly limited by lack of proficiencies when it comes to those things.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby maxim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Well so many "pro" players are making fun of the new ones by cheating them (like ... come outside boston area and ill give you free stuff or something) and killing them. What about giving some protecting to each new pilgrim? like 10 days protection. This game now is only for "pros" now...
maxim

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements