Crash report

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Crash report

Postby loftar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Todryk wrote:I only show potential consequences of different map-character saves for players.

Of course, I am aware, but I don't see what the alternative would be. It takes too long to do a complete save for it to be reasonably possible to do regularly; and either way, these kinds of crashes shouldn't happen at all to begin with. :)
loftar

Postby sabinati » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Todryk wrote:
painhertz wrote: yes, because they "wanted" the server to crash......

I only show potential consequences of different map-character saves for players.

I'm sure you have a better solution then?
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:04 am

Todryk wrote:I've built ore smelter before crash, now i don't have it, no money, no materials (3 iron bars). It took me 2 days to get 300s. Thanks for making it even harder.

Megge wrote:Todryk try to pm a Admin and tell him about it. May he help you

You can try. The only "admin" is TotalyMoo. Though you might be able to get an answer from jorb or loftar, they do remain pretty busy with game development so might not have the time to answer you as quickly.

I can only make a speculation here, but since it wasn't money withdrawn from the bank, there's a good chance you won't see it back, which does bring up the question of Money Drawn from the Bank in the event of a rollback.... Is it safe to assume there is a state change save automatically when this action is performed so purchased money doesn't just disappear?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Banok » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:34 am

haha wasnt that obvious rollback at first to me since i play little, got me really paranoid. glad im not going insane afterall :lol:
Banok

Postby TotalyMoo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:43 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Todryk wrote:I've built ore smelter before crash, now i don't have it, no money, no materials (3 iron bars). It took me 2 days to get 300s. Thanks for making it even harder.

Megge wrote:Todryk try to pm a Admin and tell him about it. May he help you

You can try. The only "admin" is TotalyMoo. Though you might be able to get an answer from jorb or loftar, they do remain pretty busy with game development so might not have the time to answer you as quickly.

I can only make a speculation here, but since it wasn't money withdrawn from the bank, there's a good chance you won't see it back, which does bring up the question of Money Drawn from the Bank in the event of a rollback.... Is it safe to assume there is a state change save automatically when this action is performed so purchased money doesn't just disappear?

We have some ways to track the money that has been bought by $$$, so that should not be an issue.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Slaya15 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:55 am

Is the server down or did this just happen to every player I've talked to?
Slaya15

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:58 am

someone cute has crashed it, loftar is on it now, fixing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Slaya15 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:06 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:someone cute has crashed it, loftar is on it now, fixing.

Was someone abusing a bug or do you not know any more details? If you do, could you be so kind as to elaborate lol.
Slaya15

Postby _Gunnar » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:11 am

Slaya15 wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:someone cute has crashed it, loftar is on it now, fixing.

Was someone abusing a bug or do you not know any more details? If you do, could you be so kind as to elaborate lol.

it was an accident i believe, something involving a loom, but its good that it happened since now loftar can fix the bug :)
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby Gacrux » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:24 am

It was up and now... she is gone once more
Gacrux

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements