Tiny update: Minor changes to the camera

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Tiny update: Minor changes to the camera

Postby loftar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:58 am

The default client has got some changes to its camera, so if you like to, try it out and tell me if you like it better or worse. The main change is that it narrows its "lens angle" as you zoom in, enabling you to get closer down to the ground.

It is my intention that most of the relevant angles should look more natural (the previous camera actually used a rather extremely wide lens angle), but after having adjusted parameters for a couple of hours, I've lost all ability to judge between them. ^^
loftar

Re: Tiny update: Minor changes to the camera

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:22 am

¦] lets see! ... when im back from work.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby sabinati » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:13 am

it sucks slightly less now!
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby zeph2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Camera works better... I did not care too much for the wide lens view.. May I suggest some minor changes if acceptable...

1) Cam mode to be able to switch or swing into 1st person view instead of the view angle where we see the back model of the characters head blocking the view range..I feel as this takes away from in game play, and I feel somewhat alienated at times. I want to be able to feel as I'm a part of my character... Would be nice to see things you've done in first person or just to scope around and get a real ""feel"" of your environment..

2) Bind the arrow keys to cam rotate and zoom in... Works well while walking using the ASWD keys in combination, and will give unfortunate people like myself and their wrist a break from using the mouse who have medical conditions.... Also this will help people who have weird mouse or software problems...

zeph2

Postby Misspoop » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:07 pm

zeph2 wrote:...

2) Bind the arrow keys to cam rotate and zoom in... Works well while walking using the ASWD keys in combination, and will give unfortunate people like myself and their wrist a break from using the mouse who have medical conditions.... Also this will help people who have weird mouse or software problems...

I'd appreciate this!
Misspoop
Customer

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:13 pm

zeph2 wrote:Camera works better... I did not care too much for the wide lens view.. May I suggest some minor changes if acceptable...

1) Cam mode to be able to switch or swing into 1st person view instead of the view angle where we see the back model of the characters head blocking the view range..I feel as this takes away from in game play, and I feel somewhat alienated at times. I want to be able to feel as I'm a part of my character... Would be nice to see things you've done in first person or just to scope around and get a real ""feel"" of your environment..

I know several people with broken mice that can't use the default camera at all. This would be appreciated by them I'm sure.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby M_So » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 pm

I use a laptop with a touch pad and scroll bar on the side. Problem is no way to push down a middle mouse button to rotate the camera, I just walk in a big circle when I need to go in a house...
M_So

Postby Oddity » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Hey loftar, what about this? http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14667&start=2490#p377310

It's important camera-related feedback you might want to read.
Let me know when it's H&H World 7.
Oddity

Postby loftar » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:56 pm

What about it, more precisely? :)

I can't find anything in there that hasn't already been discussed to the end of the world and back.
loftar

Postby sabinati » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:41 pm

THE CAMERA SUCKS
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Next

Return to Announcements