Bug fixes: Purity

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Bug fixes: Purity

Postby darnokpl » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:26 am

naosnule wrote:
mib_q0wx5g: Oh and before darnok starts annoying me again, would it be easy for you to implement an automatic "check" like server status for the highest biles on the server?
loftar: I already have that.
loftar: That's how we checked the humours as reported in yesterday's announcement thread.
mib_q0wx5g: Could you make it public like the server status?
loftar: No.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
darnokpl

Postby DemonEyes » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29 am

Jorb, If you feel a lack of direction in any part of the game, and you are too busy to address it as fully as you would like.. Its time to delegate, select members of the community whom you find they think in the same way as yourself, chuck them in a private forum give them a direction and let them brainstorm the crap out of your plans, until they come up with a solution that matches your intention.

If this does not achieve the end result you wish, you havent lost anything, and it is giving something back to the community (well those that think the right way).. I know development doesnt work as a democracy, but what I am suggesting is more a dictatorship than a solo venture.
DemonEyes

Postby naosnule » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:30 am

DemonEyes wrote:Jorb, If you feel a lack of direction in any part of the game, and you are too busy to address it as fully as you would like.. Its time to delegate, select members of the community whom you find they think in the same way as yourself, chuck them in a private forum give them a direction and let them brainstorm the crap out of your plans, until they come up with a solution that matches your intention.

If this does not achieve the end result you wish, you havent lost anything, and it is giving something back to the community (well those that think the right way).. I know development doesnt work as a democracy, but what I am suggesting is more a dictatorship than a solo venture.

Yeah, that idea (the Mason program) turned out really well... :?
naosnule

Postby Whiskybob » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:44 am

TheBatman - I bet with proper mods you can make salem in Skyrim.
Go ahead.
Whiskybob

Postby Binks » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:33 pm

saffgee wrote:Your idea of fun is crushing noobs

If by crushing noobs you mean everyone other than MMTribe. Than yes this statement is correct.
Binks

Postby RonPaulFTW » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:29 am

I think Jorb and Loftar that many of us get mad because we care about the game and want to see it succeed with a player base larger than it is today.

Your self-admitted laziness drives us crazy, likely because we love you so much. We wish there was some way to inspire you to finish game mechanics more quickly. We would enjoy the game even more, and love you even more.

I fully recognize that you owe us nothing, and we owe you nothing. We obviously choose to play the game in its current state.
RonPaulFTW

Postby lachlaan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Feel like some necromancy is warranted with this thread as it somehow drifted into what we'd like to see done with the game. My question for the devs is, why the nerf of easily obtainable metal if that metal is still obtainable just with more effort? How should I feel about the fact that a potential 80% pure copper pot will unbalance population humour values really hard towards BB and YB and leave us severely lacking in terms of blood? Just a random question mind you :) My only concern is that, you've implemented these new lovely mechanics to prevent "minmaxing" where there's one good food that you need to spam, and have ended up with the exact situation you wanted to prevent, where the go-to yb and bb foods are all the same. Curious to know how you guys feel bout that :D Laterrrr :ugeek:
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby DeepSixed » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:41 pm

jorb wrote:Hi,

A while ago we fixed a bug with woo-woo-wands that allowed them to find lots of high purity mines that they should not have been able to find. Tonight we will be retconning a bunch of items, produced with undue alchemy, down to reasonable purities. Most people should be entirely unaffected by this.

Also:
You can no longer put yank in canoes while they are on land
Fish traps can now be destroyed.

Enjoy!

Yak, yak, yak... BS most of it...

Please be thorough (have someone else besides Loftar test it) before you institute a change that's half assed.
DeepSixed

Postby Dallane » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:45 am

DeepSixed wrote:
jorb wrote:Hi,

A while ago we fixed a bug with woo-woo-wands that allowed them to find lots of high purity mines that they should not have been able to find. Tonight we will be retconning a bunch of items, produced with undue alchemy, down to reasonable purities. Most people should be entirely unaffected by this.

Also:
You can no longer put yank in canoes while they are on land
Fish traps can now be destroyed.

Enjoy!

Yak, yak, yak... BS most of it...

Please be thorough (have someone else besides Loftar test it) before you institute a change that's half assed.

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby pistolshrimp » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Crabs have purity now. Thanks.
pistolshrimp

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements