Game Development: A Fortunate Providence

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: A Fortunate Providence

Postby Potjeh » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:55 am

Dallane wrote:mining

Did you forget to make your post blue, or do you actually think Salem's mines are better than Haven's?
Potjeh

Postby Inotdead » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:23 am

Dallane wrote:Boston is by far one of the worst things they did.

Please tell me more, how HnH trading system is superior to the one we have in Salem. :lol:
I also enjoyed the fact, that I can socialize with others somewhere beside the forum very much, thank you.
The next best thing would be probably integrating the forum into the game in form of a bulletin board :P
Claeyt wrote: I'm not saying it's right or justified that they steal or sell drugs or murder cops I'm saying that that's exactly what you would do if you were poor and desperate and Black.
Inotdead

Postby Potjeh » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:39 am

It is. Barter stands FTW :mrgreen:
Potjeh

Postby Dallane » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Potjeh wrote:

Did you forget to make your post blue, or do you actually think Salem's mines are better than Haven's?

You enjoyed using a bot to mine? The way mining works is better but i do miss how the cave system works and multiple layers.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Dallane » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Inotdead wrote:
Dallane wrote:Boston is by far one of the worst things they did.

Please tell me more, how HnH trading system is superior to the one we have in Salem. :lol:
I also enjoyed the fact, that I can socialize with others somewhere beside the forum very much, thank you.

If you actually think that the constant harassment people get from trading, rampant scaming, barrel jackers, harassment from MM that you are on the list, nonstop spam from bidas about the latest person thats undercutting him, ****** is a sin against the gods is good then there is something wrong with you.

We should be the ones to make a central location for socializing instead of being coddled by paradox.

Also there ARE other means to socialize with the community. The fact you apparently don't know where to go for this means you aren't using boston like you say you are.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby grapefruitv » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Dallane wrote:
Potjeh wrote:

You enjoyed using a bot to mine? The way mining works is better but i do miss how the cave system works and multiple layers.

And how exactly salem system prevents botting? The only difference is there is just no point in having huge amounts of metal in Salem, because there is nowhere to develop.
(straight line and snake mining was fixed almost a year ago btw, so there is no more mining only for trolls)
grapefruitv

Postby Potjeh » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Mining out whole boulders is pretty neat, but layers and ore spots are so much more important.
Potjeh

Postby Inotdead » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Dallane wrote:
If you actually think that the constant harassment people get from trading, rampant scaming, barrel jackers, harassment from MM that you are on the list, nonstop spam from bidas about the latest person thats undercutting him, ****** is a sin against the gods is good then there is something wrong with you.

We should be the ones to make a central location for socializing instead of being coddled by paradox.

Also there ARE other means to socialize with the community. The fact you apparently don't know where to go for this means you aren't using boston like you say you are.

Aright, point taken ;) Still it's not always that bad.

Potjeh wrote:It is. Barter stands FTW :mrgreen:

I actually like the stands. But I think I like Salem's centralized hub a bit more.

Okay, what if we had a central area, but you could only fast travel once you reach a specific skill or build a specific construction or may be both? And you would build your own stands there, but only a limited amount (i.e 1) pro village is allowed or somethng like that?
What I mean is that we could probably make Boston good with a bit of thinking.
Claeyt wrote: I'm not saying it's right or justified that they steal or sell drugs or murder cops I'm saying that that's exactly what you would do if you were poor and desperate and Black.
Inotdead

Postby Potjeh » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:53 pm

There's a reason they removed Ring of Brodgar from Haven. Teleporting around like that makes distance meaningless, and thus prevents interesting things from happening, like traveling merchants or roads.
Potjeh

Postby Dallane » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:52 am

Potjeh wrote:Mining out whole boulders is pretty neat, but layers and ore spots are so much more important.

Yeah thats the part of haven i wish they would of kept.

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements