Game Development: A Fortunate Providence

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: A Fortunate Providence

Postby Inotdead » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:33 pm

darnokpl wrote:So, they are working on 3rd game in alpha/beta stage? How awesome.

If you are referring to HnH 2, then it's "just" a major update.
Claeyt wrote: I'm not saying it's right or justified that they steal or sell drugs or murder cops I'm saying that that's exactly what you would do if you were poor and desperate and Black.
Inotdead

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:35 pm

Inotdead wrote:
darnokpl wrote:So, they are working on 3rd game in alpha/beta stage? How awesome.

If you are referring to HnH 2, then it's "just" a major update.

Aye, it's not really Haven 2. It's just a mass revamp of many of the systems in Haven. You can read more about it there (www.havenandhearth.com) or people can feel free to start a thread in City upon a Hill to discuss it.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Hardsun » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Mass revamp of most systems plus new graphic (its 3d styled like 2,5d now ... if im not misunderstanding something). To me it sounds like new game :D
Hardsun

Postby Hardsun » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Potjeh wrote:I asked Jorb and it's a solid maybe ¦]

Well we like solid statments... at least we know they are alive :D Thanks for info !
Hardsun

Postby Kaios » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:55 pm

Hardsun wrote:Mass revamp of most systems plus new graphic (its 3d styled like 2,5d now ... if im not misunderstanding something). To me it sounds like new game :D

I think what most people are hoping for is a fluid merge of both game's most successful systems and if I'm not mistaken that goal has also been somewhat implied by Jorb & Loftar.
Kaios

Postby bocage » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Still looks like two games not three. But the back and forth does seem to hinder both games.

The main reason I stopped playing Haven is to play Salem, as I thought Salem was the direction forward being the newer game. But it looks like the next round of updates is going to Haven while Salem waits, or should I say while Salem dies. Right now there are four times as many accounts logged into Haven compared to Salem.
bocage

Postby Inotdead » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Hardsun wrote: To me it sounds like new game :D

The magnitude of changes (apart from graphical ones) is still very vague, so
If everything we get will be a new engine and 2.5 new fishes, then I believe it won't be right to call it a new game.

Although I think I know enough sequels which did that with even less changes.

Kaios wrote:I think what most people are hoping for is a fluid merge of both game's most successful systems and if I'm not mistaken that goal has also been somewhat implied by Jorb & Loftar.

That raises a question: what are Salem's most successful systems?
For me it's probably the one, where you don't see every quality node claimed within first weeks, or may be the addition of Boston, but idk.
Claeyt wrote: I'm not saying it's right or justified that they steal or sell drugs or murder cops I'm saying that that's exactly what you would do if you were poor and desperate and Black.
Inotdead

Postby Dallane » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Inotdead wrote:
Kaios wrote:I think what most people are hoping for is a fluid merge of both game's most successful systems and if I'm not mistaken that goal has also been somewhat implied by Jorb & Loftar.

For me it's probably the one, where you don't see every quality node claimed within first weeks, or may be the addition of Boston, but idk.

Farming, eating(until recently), mining, anything that needs a bot.

Boston is by far one of the worst things they did.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:03 am

Finally a good update, this weeks is one of the better ones.
DarkNacht

Postby DemonEyes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:38 am

Dallane wrote:
Inotdead wrote:

Farming, eating(until recently), mining, anything that needs a bot.

Boston is by far one of the worst things they did.

Boston is necessary for the currency, the currency only really exists (as far as I can tell) to monetise the game. I would blame boston on paradox maybe?

But lets face it a safe haven in which trading can happen is not the worst thing in this game even if you want to live a life of kill on sight.

In fact I think the game would have flopped even more than it has without it.
DemonEyes

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements