Upcoming Patch Announcement

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Upcoming Patch Announcement

Postby mosyo_meurseult » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Oh. It's weird. Why didn't you guys wipe legacy stuffs only? Why will all the things be wiped? It's so senseless and foolish.
mosyo_meurseult

Postby iamah » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Beautiful announcement...
Any plans for a free safe trading mechanism for all players?
iamah

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:10 pm

mosyo_meurseult wrote:Oh. It's weird. Why didn't you guys wipe legacy stuffs only? Why will all the things be wiped? It's so senseless and foolish.

They're wiping to merge servers and create a new map generator primarily. The Legacy stuff being removed is just a un/pleasant add-on for the users. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby L33LEE » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:05 am

Taking a closer look at http://jorb.seatribe.se/roligabilder/shalom It says "full and fed up for 50:00", does this mean with the new biles system, we can only glutton up a point, or something once every 50 mins, and the timer can be reduced by a %, with a specific food at a % proc chance ?

Just wondering if the system will work something like this.

Stab in the dark.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Procne » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:24 am

L33LEE wrote:Taking a closer look at http://jorb.seatribe.se/roligabilder/shalom It says "full and fed up for 50:00", does this mean with the new biles system, we can only glutton up a point, or something once every 50 mins, and the timer can be reduced by a %, with a specific food at a % proc chance ?

Stab in the dark.

I think it means you can glutton for 50 minutes. We shall see
Procne

Postby Thor » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:26 am

I think it's a debuff for exceeding 100% of certain category of food.
You have to eat various types foods to keep those categories balanced (new invariance).
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby pistolshrimp » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:40 am

L33LEE wrote:Taking a closer look at http://jorb.seatribe.se/roligabilder/shalom It says "full and fed up for 50:00", does this mean with the new biles system, we can only glutton up a point, or something once every 50 mins, and the timer can be reduced by a %, with a specific food at a % proc chance ?

Stab in the dark.

1. Full and fed up seems to be related to the specific food so we might be seeing some sort of system that only allows you to eat that specific item one on a given period of time.

2. However I don't think we will have the gluttony mini-game feel of racing against a clock so to speak. I believe once you eat something it will say will stay part of your stats until the time full and fed up time limit runs down, or you level up. So once you eat your sweet Bambi you have 50 mins before you lose it and 50 minutes before you can eat again.

3. Though subtle there appear to be four different colors for the stat numbers next to the food types. I believe they corralate to the humors getting say seafood to 100 percent allows for you to raise your yellow bile. You can see the biles themselves do not correlate as even tho some foods are at 75 the biles themselves are still quite low. (It may be the combination of foods at 100 percent that allow for a stat to be raised but that seems less likely.)

4. I believe you will be able to level up multiple biles at once like with proficiencies, get any or all to 100 percent and hit the appropriate button and go up a level. Is of course will be made complicated by the fact each food will wear off after a certain length of time and also because of:

5. Food appear to interact with each other, the example shows in a negative way, a chance of lowering the foods. This wouldn't be a factor if you couldn't gain multiple biles at one time, if you are going for black bile, who cares if the food lowers yellow. (There are reasons of course like to lower something getting too high, but to build that ability into each food?) this will also make it harder to raise multiple biles at once because the food you will eat may just lower all the others making planing and maths important to leveling.
pistolshrimp

Postby staxjax » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:24 am

Well, that took much longer than I anticipated. Thank you jorb and loftar...this is going to be quite interesting with only 1 server.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Ernoskij » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:06 am

I'm looking forward to the wipe (though I am going to be sad about losing all the terraforming and building we have achieved in the past time).
I'm mainly sad that you haven't done this earlier, when you introduced the new purity system that drove so many away, it would have been a good idea to clean up the purity system and then do a wipe there.
I'm very much looking forward to the patch, and I hope that it will introduce new fun things like domestic animals and the like. I further hope that it will not be as difficult to get granite of higher purity, that has been one thing I have really hated, that the only way to get high purity granite was to go out and pick it up, it's far to unreliable.

Finally I hope that this is your way of giving us a better world to live in, and thereby an even more fun game to play, I believe this and trust in you.
Unfortunately I have heard multiple times that it's a desperate attempt to salvage a sinking ship, please prove them wrong and show that Salem is here to stay

~Mischa
Ernoskij

Postby Ernoskij » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:13 am

pistolshrimp wrote:

Stab in the dark.

1. Full and fed up seems to be related to the specific food so we might be seeing some sort of system that only allows you to eat that specific item one on a given period of time.

2. However I don't think we will have the gluttony mini-game feel of racing against a clock so to speak. I believe once you eat something it will say will stay part of your stats until the time full and fed up time limit runs down, or you level up. So once you eat your sweet Bambi you have 50 mins before you lose it and 50 minutes before you can eat again.

3. Though subtle there appear to be four different colors for the stat numbers next to the food types. I believe they corralate to the humors getting say seafood to 100 percent allows for you to raise your yellow bile. You can see the biles themselves do not correlate as even tho some foods are at 75 the biles themselves are still quite low. (It may be the combination of foods at 100 percent that allow for a stat to be raised but that seems less likely.)

4. I believe you will be able to level up multiple biles at once like with proficiencies, get any or all to 100 percent and hit the appropriate button and go up a level. Is of course will be made complicated by the fact each food will wear off after a certain length of time and also because of:

5. Food appear to interact with each other, the example shows in a negative way, a chance of lowering the foods. This wouldn't be a factor if you couldn't gain multiple biles at one time, if you are going for black bile, who cares if the food lowers yellow. (There are reasons of course like to lower something getting too high, but to build that ability into each food?) this will also make it harder to raise multiple biles at once because the food you will eat may just lower all the others making planing and maths important to leveling.

Maybe the "full and fed up" is a buff, so for 50 minutes you have that buff that makes you... more efficient at manual labor.. or run faster/lose less stamina from running or something like that
Ernoskij

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements