Upcoming Patch Announcement

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Upcoming Patch Announcement

Postby Odekva » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:16 am

Hi all,

Good news, may be a matter to think about a return, wasn't here about a year.

Mereni wrote:And speaking of high humor characters, the addition of the waste claim mechanic is what made the Tribe almost unbeatable. Sounds strange and counter intuitive? Think about this: just before waste claims, some Russians broke into the Tribe's best, most highly defended vault in a matter of a few hours, and summon killed three tribe raiders. This was Always a possibility. Therefore, even though it was for a long time possible to get a character to 1000 humors, you'd have to be crazy to do it, because any character, at any time, if it has been used for crimes, can be killed by a dedicated group who has scents. So, character humors never went above what was absolutely necessary to break into a base. Waste claims though, means that one tribe member with alts in each of a few vaults can check for waste claims once a day (this is done), and no one has to worry AT ALL that their raider will be summon killed.

This was actually the main reason for me and a lot of other Russian players I know to leave Salem, this system removed the fun. No one could have get each other and it's boring. Killing noobs could possibly be fun only for the tribe I guess, they call it "Server Owned" :D

We'll see if this system would be reworked - may be Salem would be worth another try, good luck to all of you meanwile! ;)
The Dwarven Rose shop
Please visit, have quite a bunch of things including food. ;)
Odekva

Postby colesie » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:29 am

Please implement a real spar mechanic with this wipe. Having to leave scents inside of your base to learn how to fight is a terrible, terrible system.
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Claeyt » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:30 am

Look at all these old faces. Welcome back Odin. I think we'll probably lose as many as we gain. HnH is already being dominated apparently. We'll lose Darwoth and some others but gain some old players probably.

As for me......I'll be back but more casually and with less commitment to it maybe. I know that when TESonline hits in April I'll be gone for awhile. I have much, much more to lose than you do Ztyx and I get it... but think of all the new things to explore and build in better places. My mapper friends and I had like 90% of Roanoke mapped which took months and months to do and all that's going out the window. I was the mayor of 6 towns at the end and all that work is gone.....

but....

I'm looking forward to rebuilding. It was really only this fall that I sort of got the hang of Town design. I'm looking forward to the new Gluttony system and I love seeing old school players like Odevka (Odin) come back. Before you know it Darnok's going to post and Azor will be on.....so we'll see.

take your own advice Ztyx qqnomore. :D

jorb wrote:Enjoy!

EDIT: Oh, btw. Big thank yous to all of you who have supported us and who are still here reading this. We love you all dearly. <3

Even me. :oops:

Tylan wrote:Bittersweet but not unexpected.

Yeah, me too. I had a feeling about this when they announced server switching but I had hopes.
Last edited by Claeyt on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby jcwilk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:34 am

jorb wrote:TLDR: Wipe in approximately two weeks.

First off, thank you for caring enough about your game and our gaming experience to make very hard decisions.

Any chance you could enable the new code on the existing servers until then? I'm sure people would really love and appreciate being able to play with the new features before the extreme global grind of opening day, even if it made everything super broken and out of context since obviously no one is going to be playing til then otherwise anyways :lol:
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby Slapacookie » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:40 am

They should release it now :D Work 24 hours a day and just wipe it all now :D
Slapacookie
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 am

Slapacookie wrote:They should release it now :D Work 24 hours a day and just wipe it all now :D

The map alone takes days to make.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Brona » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 am

jorb wrote:What about store-bought items?

Are you going to give us hat boxes or copies of the hats we got from the boxes?
Brona

Postby McTc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:08 am

Ahh great news i guess.
McTc

Postby Procne » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 am

jorb wrote:What about store-bought items?
All store-bought items will be made re-available to you in the new world after the reset, regardless of whether you have lost them or not in game, and regardless of how long ago you bought them.

And silver in bank account not acquired through store? Specificaly I mean the silver gotten through declaim refunding which was available for a month when you introduced claim upkeep.
I assume it will be gone as well, but wouild like to get a confirmation.

edit: Also, can't reset wait until core changes introduced by this patch are... stabilized?
Procne

Postby McTc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:12 am

Procne wrote:Also, can't reset wait until core changes introduced by this patch are... stabilized?

Patch now to learn few weeks and then wipe :)
McTc

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements