Upcoming Patch Announcement

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Upcoming Patch Announcement

Postby cannibalkirby » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:46 am

I'm already advertising it locally among older players and friends, everyone should be doing the same. Should be more noob friendly with the patch hit
Ikpeip wrote:How can I be derailing my own thread?
cannibalkirby

Postby twram » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:50 am

good news
twram

Postby Thor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:50 am

Mixed feelings. I'll still play post patch.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby darnokpl » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:53 am

Interesting :)
darnokpl

Postby cannibalkirby » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:15 pm

I'm excited to see who all joins up when we have but one server :P
cannibalkirby

Postby darnokpl » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Odekva wrote:
Mereni wrote:the addition of the waste claim mechanic is what made the Tribe almost unbeatable
any character, at any time, if it has been used for crimes, can be killed by a dedicated group

This was actually the main reason for me and a lot of other Russian players I know to leave Salem, this system removed the fun. No one could have get each other and it's boring. Killing noobs could possibly be fun only for the tribe I guess, they call it "Server Owned" :D

We'll see if this system would be reworked - may be Salem would be worth another try, good luck to all of you meanwile! ;)

Yea both ways with or without waste claims were pretty bad. No-lifes can raid anything at any time no matter we have waste claims or not in game mechanic.
And multi time zones towns are not going to happen in salem any time soon and won't be strong enough to defend average players (those spending 2-3 hours per day in game) from losing all their work.

Imho solution is to make it different way (I wasn't playing for ~year or more, so my feedback may be little inaccurate)...

When town bell is settle up we should be able to set single time range, for me 21-23 is fine, and town could be raided ONLY during those two hours!
So I have 22 hours per day when I can sleep, eat, work, spend time with my family, but between 21 and 23 at night I have to login and be prepared to got raided, robbed and killed!

Crime debuff was (or still is, if nothing have changed) far too long and boring because raids and waste claims can last way too long.
Make it short and make it fun.

Two hours of raiding each day would be very fun, for me, and I think for most people in here too. Of course no-lifes could raid many camps/towns during single day, there is no need to limit their fun, but they shouldn't be able to destroy everything in single town during single raid, in my idea there wouldn't be enough time to do so.

Two hours raid (with shorter crime debuff) would be enough to break defences and robb few things, after raid is over you still should be able to steal from that claim, but not to destroy anything.

Even if your town is going to be raided every 24 hours it should be fun and possible to defend it. And what is most important it should extend sieges for many days without making people get tired of game.
darnokpl

Postby Gablak » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:43 pm

Fantastic. I'm coming back to the game.
Gablak

Postby Bambus » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:12 pm

I personally think a wipe would be good for the game in total (but indeed sucky for the more advanced players). But then again, I only started playing a week ago and therefore have little to lose.

Fact remains that this game is in beta, so wipes and gamechanging are part of the deal. What about when the game stops being beta (whenever that may happen), a total wipe is inevitable then also.

Looking forward to the changes!
---------------------
Bambus

~ Thy Kingdom come ... and we are it ~
Bambus

Postby Potjeh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:30 pm

Yeah, Boston stalls are terrible and need to die with this reset. Well, Boston needs to be removed completely, but I'll take what I can get.
Potjeh

Postby cannibalkirby » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:32 pm

I think stalls need a small rework :P ill wait longer for more content xD I've got league in the meantime
cannibalkirby

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements