Upcoming server transfer

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Upcoming server transfer

Postby Sinnerman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:02 am

For 3 months you changed the name! Awesome!
We are all waiting for this. Great job!

Captain James

Blood will be shed
Lives will be lost
People will be devastated

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7pLo3IPKI0fD4ZqIXe2hPg
Sinnerman

Postby gacekssj4 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:07 pm

sabinati wrote:you know you can just update the dns to point plymouth.seatribe.se to your new server right

I think they just want to stop using seatribe.se domain in salem at all.

Edit:
alloin wrote:WIPE? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do never wipe! Wipe is evil! Wipe should not happen!

But, give us new, fresh server (afer all changes are done). Where we can start anew! ( And those from old server hopefully won't come, cause they will not want to waste what they already achived! :} )
gacekssj4

Postby alagar » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 pm

gacekssj4 wrote:But, give us new, fresh server (afer all changes are done). Where we can start anew! ( And those from old server hopefully won't come, cause they will not want to waste what they already achived! :} )

Yeah, sure, the current servers dont have 20 players online and he will pay for another server just to you be raped by the tribe and others neckbears again. Keep dreaming.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby Frakked » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:06 am

alagar wrote:
gacekssj4 wrote:But, give us new, fresh server (afer all changes are done). Where we can start anew! ( And those from old server hopefully won't come, cause they will not want to waste what they already achived! :} )

Yeah, sure, the current servers dont have 20 players online and he will pay for another server just to you be raped by the tribe and others neckbears again. Keep dreaming.

It's a nice dream- I think you'd see everyone who isn't loaded with legacy status flocking to a server with a fresh start- not biased by that factor; and yes, I suspect Tribe and others would follow... all those '20 something' servers dropping to <10 as a consequence.

I've read already about how there's only about 12-20 'true Titans' left in the game... are those who aren't worried about their fate if everyone else migrates to a new start? Not at all.

(Tribe and other dominate based on their length of stay on their servers... (years) and their knowledge of the game mechanics... but if that were to change. If new mechanics and a server with a new map were to be generated... most of their apparent advantages would disappear. If they had to start over with no legacy materials... brand spanking new toons just like everyone else... I don't see an easy victory for anyone.

Just b/c you'd have to sacrifice your own holding or purity materials to start over doesn't mean it's bad for the rest of us. Wise up.
Frakked

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:30 am

Frakked wrote:It's a nice dream- I think you'd see everyone who isn't loaded with legacy status flocking to a server with a fresh start- not biased by that factor; and yes, I suspect Tribe and others would follow... all those '20 something' servers dropping to <10 as a consequence.

yes, they would just to take from the guys that can't figure out or won't put the effort into working the system. Eventually, no matter what system there is, someone would cry "it's not fair! I don't have a chance!! NERF! NERF! NERF!"
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Binks » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:08 am

MagicManICT wrote: Eventually, no matter what system there is, someone would cry "it's not fair! I don't have a chance!! NERF! NERF! NERF!"

Nailed it. ^

We just happen to be good at the game. Before there was "legacy" we were dominating already. On new server or a server wipe the same **** is going to happen. You are going to get your **** pushed in and your gonna whine and cry.
Binks

Postby vienradzis » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 pm

If you are noob then you will stay nooob.
if you are idiot you will be idiot.

there are things that never change

Yeah and probably i need to go myself
vienradzis

Postby Syndarn » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:05 pm

What's said above is somewhat true. The main problem is not really the mechanics. But to get it into a perspective. Let's say we have this Titan guy and he is very evil and just wants to murder and pillage. A new guy starts with his 5 humours and doesn't like the titan guy and decides to try to take him down. Now imagine the amount of time this new guy needs to commit to the game to start from a scratch to be a threat to this titan is insane. You can say byebye to any real life if you even want to take on this quest. Most likely the new guys place will be destroyed before he even knows what a stone hedge is if the titan happens to know where he lives or of his existence.

The map of salem is still quite small. With a proper surveillance network of many people a new player is easily discovered.

The more people you have playing for you, the bigger chance is that you get discovered. And the amount of time you need to spend to get walls and braziers up to even slow down a titan is very big. So it's very unlikely that one would ever succeed. Im not saying it's inpossible. In any case we are talking months just for the defences and even more to get humours up to acceptable levels for bear farming. + the factor that new newguy will make more mistakes in everything wich slows down his development.

Meanwhile the titan already has everything ready, and will go. Nice try punk, heads off. When he feels like it.

I would hate to have somekind of mechanic to discourage black play because i support a free environment of the sandbox. Can't really see a solution or a workaround for this easily, unless the titan or higher player magically turned good. I guess some dimishing returns for black players after committing crimes would be good to have. But then again what could that be that would make the black players think twice before committing theese "sins"? :)

-Kruger
Last edited by Syndarn on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkness is unknowing, Light is knowing. Shed light to the Darkness to transform it into knowing. Thus it becomes Light.
Darkness is the absence of thought.
Syndarn

Postby Kandarim » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Syndarn wrote:Now imagine the amount of time this new guy needs to commit to the game to start from a scratch to be a treath to this titan is insane.

It is not insane. To be a threat, you don't need the same level of biles as the "titan". You'll need to put in much less than the titan did in the first place. Your only drawback is that the guy started playing before you. That is something you can't fix no matter how much you'd like to. People that have been around longer will have

1) larger/better bases with more/stronger alts
2) a better knowledge of the game

Trying to resolve either of the so-called issues will just turn this game into another hand-holding mindless RPG. It annoys me to no end that people keep assuming that the titans just started as that. They are also players that put in a LOT of time for the game, in a lot of cases having done a lot for their server (or against their server).

I keep trying to stop myself from posting on this topic, but it's getting harder and harder.

It's also easy as pie to keep hidden from players. I myself have now been scouting the southwestern part of roanoke deep darkness, and I haven't seen a base for days.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Thor » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:35 pm

I absolutely agree with Kandarim.

Syndarn wrote:The map of salem is still quite small. With a proper surveillance network of many people a new player is easily discovered.

I do hope you are kidding.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements