Upcoming server transfer

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Upcoming server transfer

Postby Kandarim » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Kandarim wrote:
Frakked wrote:
On a different tack- anyone notice you can't create screenshots anymore? Hoping this is just a temporary byproduct of the server migration?

It might be - i'll take a look if i can remember tonight

the images are uploading fine but for some reason the client can not contact the image server for an acknowledgement.
At least for my client - default does not work at all (although I appear to get the shortcut wrong, isn't it prt scrn as well?)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:42 pm

RobertoKarlos wrote:I wonder why so many people miss the real fact about why salem needs a wipe, the only and sole reason why there needs to be a wipe, ais no legacy *****, no titans , is because he have 3 servers with less than 40people in each.

There is a reason for needing 3 servers? There is at least one valid argument to sustain the 3 currents ones instead of just one server?

And i guess the only reason why the wipe hammer is not here yet is due lack of content in the game, when this is fix i dont see other exit to try bring life back to salem besides a full wipe and just a only new fresh server.

a server merge on a new map with character copy overs would alleviate that issue and leave enough of everyones **** (their characters and gear) that while many (especially me) would be pissed off at the prospect of rebuilding bases and infrastructure would retain the majority of the people that would quit in the event of a wipe as well as preserve the integrity of seatribe/salem as they originally always said no more "full wipes" but left open the possibility of map wipes and merges

in fact a character copy/server merge would be the best compromise between the wipe/no wipe people.
Darwoth

Postby RobertoKarlos » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Darwoth wrote:in fact a character copy/server merge would be the best compromise between the wipe/no wipe people.

Thats another perfect solution to this trouble.
RobertoKarlos

Postby nico54k9 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:53 am

Darwoth wrote:a server merge on a new map with character copy overs would alleviate that issue and leave enough of everyones **** (their characters and gear) that while many (especially me) would be pissed off at the prospect of rebuilding bases and infrastructure would retain the majority of the people that would quit in the event of a wipe as well as preserve the integrity of seatribe/salem as they originally always said no more "full wipes" but left open the possibility of map wipes and merges

in fact a character copy/server merge would be the best compromise between the wipe/no wipe people.

I must say.. i am most surprised that the best answer to all of this came from you, Darwoth. :shock:
nico54k9

Postby Dallane » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:05 am

Darwoth wrote: originally always said no more "full wipes" but left open the possibility of map wipes and merges

Actually they said that they would not wipe unless it was needed. Like when the map would corrupt in hnh or massive game changes.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby colesie » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:05 am

Feb 1st
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby alloin » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:35 am

THNX 4 TEH WIPE !!!! :mrgreen:
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby jcwilk » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:46 am

Darwoth wrote:in fact a character copy/server merge would be the best compromise between the wipe/no wipe people.

If they did this that would obviously mean getting rid of legacy goods, would you object to scaling down the highest humor characters on some sort of a curve as well? Like 1100 would become 800, 600 would become 500, etc... Something like that given that a post-legacy world would be so much different for glutting at that level (not that we know how glutting will work in the new system, though). I mean would it even be possible for those characters (800+) to raise their own biles even one more point without legacy? And note, I'm not playing the "but we don't have a chance" card here, I don't have time for that **** anyways... The top players would still be the top players (as they would be after a few weeks even if characters were wiped entirely, as has been said many times) it would just a bit more "in context" of the system moving forward. That is, of course, unless they change the gluttony system to make it feasible again to get that high without legacy, and then all bets would be off.

You seem to be really against that kind of thing, but since the power of humors is relative it doesn't seem like it would unbalance anything, so curious about from what perspective you would object to that given that you're begrudgingly ok with a wipe-except-characters.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby Darwoth » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:32 am

i am against a wipe of any kind because it is a welfare check loser approach at rectifying a "problem" that does not exist for no return other than silencing whiney ***** that have no idea what they are talking about and is ENTIRELY centered around ***** on the efforts of those who clawed to the top of the curve, punishing those who took risks and won.

so yes, i object to any percentage of my characters progress (which for some represent hundreds of hours of tedious *****) being shaved off to appease some ***** that is not cut out for the game to begin with and will merely ***** about something else a week later.

in addition to the three server setup remaining as is my prediction is that this patch will.....

1> make quickly spamming cheap characters more difficult, no more banging out a 25 stat miner alt in 15 minutes.

2> make multi hundred stat "titan" characters more accessible to even those without 10% foods, but more tedious/grindy as you will be forced into using multiple foods and foraged or fished recupes instead of being able to run a small farm and cover all four of your stats, so i think a guy with 10% crops and decent infrastructure can more quickly make a 300ish stat character under the current system than he will the future one legacy items or not.

basically i predict the new system will passively make the industrious with elaborate infrastructure and large production capability less effective while allowing retards with a flint axe and a duckbill mask 7 months after they started to achieve a higher level of success.

i have a few other general predictions at what will happen in this patch or ones shortly after but the point is i suspect legacy items will largely be made less relevant by a combination of the gluttony system, the inspirational system and other factors.

asking to yet further nerf veteran characters is just assinine and moronic to anyone that has graduated beyond clueless newb status since everything "titan" is reachable under the current systems, in fact some of the stupidest people on jamestown managed to make some mid tier "titans" by now simply spamming whatever 3% turd sandwiches they eat, just like i have been saying was possible for months while everyone say around insisting otherwise.

for all you know eating a mushroom may give 200 blood in the new system.

ideally there will be no wipe, and humors will now be HARDER to get that way all of you assholes that did nothing but ***** on the forums yet again can miss the boat a second time and pound sand.
Darwoth

Postby Procne » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:35 am

Darwoth wrote:for all you know eating a mushroom may give 200 blood in the new system.

You have already made couple of statements like this. Care to make a vid showing 200 bile character getting a blood pointing after gluttoning on mushrooms only? Or at least give more details? Cause it's hard to believe.
There are 2 mushrooms giving a decent amount of blood - lavender blewit and lobster mushroom. Lobster mushroom has so long eating time that I guess you would have problems getting a blood point in the 50s.
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements