The Ghost of Christmas Future

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: The Ghost of Christmas Future

Postby pistolshrimp » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:57 am

Mushibag wrote:
Potjeh wrote:So, the end of January is almost upon us. How's progress, is it just some finishing touches and the release will be within a week, or have there been unexpected delays?

As implied by the title, the update won't happen until next Christmas. Jorbtar trolled you all, making you think it was coming soon™.

[Troll]
If you have too much time on your hands you'll notice that the picture for this preview is hosted in a folder called roligabilder which means funny picture in Swedish, so perhaps this update is just a joke.

If you still think its a real check out the new concept art for the upcoming witchcraft update from the same folder.

And for those over the age of 18

Actually the witchcraft update is going to be more badass then I could have imagined... I'm crafting a penis snake first thing.[/Troll]
pistolshrimp

Postby colesie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Still no update :(
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Cheena » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:20 pm

colesie wrote:Still no update :(

everyone I know is crying about it. Please do something, devs. Kittens are dying because of you. And baby pittbulls too.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby DeepSixed » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:33 pm

Actually- I'm beginning to wonder if the whole prospect wasn't to promote forum drama (which it certainly has).

Time for Loftar to actually share what "RL event bit Jorb in the ass" that keeps him from posting or implementing the update. Was it Jail, community service, wife aggro, or maybe Ma/da attempting to disown him from family fortune for not keeping his word (like the Salem community didn't see that coming!)

Did he forget to pay off the right folks?

Come on- for a developer with a major update- what RL event could possibly be more important?! (That nobody saw coming- if his wife was having a baby...that could never be a last minute 'bite in the ass'... you'd've known... loftar)
Last edited by DeepSixed on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeepSixed

Postby Stormie » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 am

DeepSixed wrote:Come on- for a developer with a major update- what RL event could possibly be more important?!

Death..
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing"
-Socrates
Stormie

Postby DeepSixed » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:17 am

Stormie wrote:
DeepSixed wrote:Come on- for a developer with a major update- what RL event could possibly be more important?!

Death..

Unless it's his death... who cares!? and I seriously doubt that's the reason... I can't imagine Loftar not admitting that when asked. Realistically... who doesn't bow down for death in the family?! (Everyone has family) I might not care much, but I'd give anyone alot of headway if that were true. However loftar, who is highly intellligent, didn't bother to share that... 'bite in the ass' is not a natural function its an interruption of life.

Bottom line...death in the family doesn't apply here... it's something else.

If it was... there's no way to turn back the page without a photo shoot in front of the preacher to be believable... No Jorb is in a family dispute most like... it involves money or status or political status... and if anyone knew what it was could probably write their own ticket in Salem forever...and more beyond... to keep that secret.
DeepSixed

Postby Stormie » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:05 am

DeepSixed wrote:
Stormie wrote:

Death..

Unless it's his death... who cares!? and I seriously doubt that's the reason... I can't imagine Loftar not admitting that when asked. Realistically... who doesn't bow down for death in the family?! (Everyone has family) I might not care much, but I'd give anyone alot of headway if that were true. However loftar, who is highly intellligent, didn't bother to share that... 'bite in the ass' is not a natural function its an interruption of life.

If it was... there's no way to turn back the page without a photo shoot in front of the preacher to be believable... No Jorb is in a family dispute most like... it involves money or status or political status... and if anyone knew what it was could probably write their own ticket in Salem forever...and more beyond... to keep that secret.

If death did apply here you might look like an ass right about now..
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing"
-Socrates
Stormie

Postby ZtyX » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:06 am

DeepSixed wrote:If it was... there's no way to turn back the page without a photo shoot in front of the preacher to be believable... No Jorb is in a family dispute most like... it involves money or status or political status... and if anyone knew what it was could probably write their own ticket in Salem forever...and more beyond... to keep that secret.

You're crazy, man... Give the guy a break and it's none of your business anyway.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Postby Dallane » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:37 am

DeepSixed wrote:
Stormie wrote:

Death..

Honestly go ***** yourself. Loftar doesn't have to tell you anything that pertains to jorbs personal life.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:40 am

guess i missed something, someone that sits in irc care to elaborate?

delay due to RL **** with jorb? now i feel like an ******* for spending 5 paragraphs detailing how much of a whiney ****** potjeh is in private messages to him :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements