The Ghost of Christmas Future

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: The Ghost of Christmas Future

Postby Claeyt » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:43 am

Frakked wrote:Suppose I should weigh in here...

At this point if they were going to wipe purity items they might as well wipe the game. There are so many things that came from legacy humus now. Characters of course, SnC levels, Trees, compost bins, worms, food, stored seeds, flour, pumpkins etc.... All of these would have to be nerfed or wiped to make it entirely fare. A minor fix is what I've been calling for since last Spring: A nerf to characters when they implement the new Gluttony system which will make them harder to raise back up. Let them keep the humus they have left and the SnC and other stuff. They (and me) worked hard for it all last year and I suppose the vets deserve some bonus's for having played so long.

As for people having more playing time than others, you can't do much about that. Every single MMO in the world works that way.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby cannibalkirby » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:49 am

Image btw the servers are all pretty equal right now, aside from roanoke who always has the most :P
Ikpeip wrote:How can I be derailing my own thread?
cannibalkirby

Postby Stormie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:05 am

Sorry for the derail, is that LoL i see there? :D
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing"
-Socrates
Stormie

Postby cannibalkirby » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:47 am

sent a pm to avoid derail :)
Ikpeip wrote:How can I be derailing my own thread?
cannibalkirby

Postby Jalpha » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:37 am

Brego wrote:Image

You're quite mad.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

New information about the upcoming gluttony revamp

Postby ZtyX » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:52 am

I've been curious about a detail in the new gluttony system and so I asked Loftar today and he was very kind to find the time to answer me. Here's my question and his reply to it for those of you that are interested:

Question:
ZtyX: The sweet bambi we were shown only displays how the effect of food diminishes. So how do you raise the "percentages" of food to make it give the max outcome?

Answer:
Loftar: They're all at max when you begin gobbling, quite simply.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:12 am

Claeyt wrote:The difference is that the testers usually don't use their position on the tester forums to troll the rest of the community even if they are using fake info.

Who knows? We usually don't know who those people are, so how are we supposed to know if they are or aren't?

They also generally don't get to use that information to help their allies and friends either, but whatever. Most of the Mason's barely play anymore it seems.

Again, you obviously haven't been around the block enough. This issue is as old as MUDs on the Internet.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:12 am

Derail removed. When you are carrying on a conversation in Announcements or other important forums, don't be a complete ass. Please make this forum user friendly for all. Yellow text on the white background is just bad manners, especially when you do it repeatedly.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:54 am

Brego wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:just... dont get trolled by those who bring up "the Tribe source" or that sort.

If I understand correctly phrase it dull.
everyone has an opinion and you have no right to change it.
if you do not know anything then why open your mouth?

im afraid either you didnt understand or my wording is wrong. its not the matter of opinions, but false info being passed around.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Tylan » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
Brego wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:just... dont get trolled by those who bring up "the Tribe source" or that sort.

If I understand correctly phrase it dull.
everyone has an opinion and you have no right to change it.
if you do not know anything then why open your mouth?

im afraid either you didnt understand or my wording is wrong. its not the matter of opinions, but false info being passed around.

For clarity, the subject I believe you were referencing in quotation marks was not a troll.
jorb wrote:you fat-fingered, trigger happy nabbly-boos.

We write as a defense against the void, against the unknown that is the other side of death.
-C. Leland
Tylan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements