Your neighborhood moderators.

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Your neighborhood moderators.

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:13 pm

As you might have noticed there has been an increase in numbers when it comes to moderators. With the recent addition of Sevenless and staxjax there are now five global moderators, excluding me being the big-bozo-cherry on the top.

These moderators, I like to call them The Five, are now also responsible for their own parts of the forum. I post this announcement to inform you on who moderates what, so that you know who to contact.

TotalyMoo - All forums (Administrative, contact if you have concerns about moderation done in a forum, or stuff like that)
Potjeh - House of Burgesses, Ideas & Innovations
MagicManICT - Bugs & Tech, Artifice & Arcana
Sevenless - Help!
staxjax - City upon a Hill, The Trade-Wind
TeckXKnight - Announcements, Planters & Pilgrims

From now on, these global moderators will be mainly focused on their assigned forums. As time goes they will employ their own local moderators.
If you are interested in moderating a specific forum, please contact the appropriate mod. (of course, this will be relevant once we get more users)

//John
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Re: Your neighborhood moderators.

Postby ShadowAtlan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:11 pm

More mods and such is cool, but I keep getting excited that maybe Salem got updated with all these new announcements.
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:28 pm

ShadowAtlan wrote:More mods and such is cool, but I keep getting excited that maybe Salem got updated with all these new announcements.

Haha, I'm sorry for disappointing you ;)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Korolho » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 pm

ShadowAtlan wrote:More mods and such is cool, but I keep getting excited that maybe Salem got updated with all these new announcements.

/\ This
Korolho

Postby APXEOLOG » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:33 pm

y, same for me...
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Jorb briefly mentioned at some point that they're still working on multiple server support. Big bit of work, very important for the game, but it won't make any influence on gameplay.

Hopefully they take a break and give us a treat in the meantime, but patience is a good thing.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Just a note for anyone trying to get tech support: I'm just a mod, not official tech support. I try my best to find answers, but I often times miss something. Don't take my lack of knowledge to mean that there's not an answer or the suggestions I make as the only way to fix something.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Soviet_Comrade » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Fix musket!!! :D
Soviet_Comrade

Postby LOMS » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 pm

+ >_<
LOMS

Postby Banok » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 pm

3rd disapointing new anouncement thread. :(
Banok

Next

Return to Announcements