Game Development: Is That A Rocket In Your Pocket...?

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Is That A Locket In Your Socket...?

Postby martinuzz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:09 pm

I must say initially, I went, "nice (albeit minor) update"

but tbh, only 1 inventory slot per artefact, which is so very hard to slot is kinda meh.

Could you increase the amount of slots gained per pocket, please, right now it's not worth bothering with.
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Re: Game Development: Is That A Locket In Your Socket...?

Postby alloin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:08 pm

martinuzz wrote:right now it's not worth bothering with
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Re: Game Development: Is That A Rocket In Your Pocket...?

Postby Potjeh » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 pm

I think 2 slots per pocket would be reasonable.
Potjeh

Postby martinuzz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Potjeh wrote:I think 2 slots per pocket would be reasonable.

That, combined with reducing the item's difficulty max by 10, to 45, would be reasonable IMO
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Postby Toorimakun » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Hmmm... well if i remember right some one said we can get 6 slots with current setup... so if 2 slots per pocket then that would be 12... that dose sound fine to me.

UNLESS they make it so you can port with these pockets... and i think they should... it would be REALLY nice to be able to keep a sword, pickaxe, axe, rope and some hey on hand for a wandering char and still be able to port home/boston... with this said maybe keep the difficulty.

but if not portable then yah 12 slots and less hard to slot.
RIP: Purity, you will be missed.
Toorimakun

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:11 pm

6 pockets is almost as much as a backpack and as much as I would love to be able to have a massive inventory I don't think we need the pockets doubled.
Instead it would be nice to have some special pockets, such as on that could be slotted into a jacket or belt and can only hold a tool.
DarkNacht

Postby martinuzz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:06 pm

DarkNacht wrote:6 pockets is almost as much as a backpack and as much as I would love to be able to have a massive inventory I don't think we need the pockets doubled.
Instead it would be nice to have some special pockets, such as on that could be slotted into a jacket or belt and can only hold a tool.

Six pockets is just not worth the trouble of breaking 60 or more clothes while trying to slot them
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
martinuzz

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 pm

martinuzz wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:6 pockets is almost as much as a backpack and as much as I would love to be able to have a massive inventory I don't think we need the pockets doubled.

Six pockets is just not worth the trouble of breaking 60 or more clothes while trying to slot them

I was not saying that the difficulty should not be decreased, it should, but that is a different solution than doubling the slots it the pockets.
DarkNacht

Postby Toorimakun » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:32 pm

DarkNacht wrote:I was not saying that the difficulty should not be decreased, it should, but that is a different solution than doubling the slots it the pockets.

that would be reasonable i guess... still my vote is on more pockets or make them so you can port with them (even if it was set so that you could only hold tools in them)
RIP: Purity, you will be missed.
Toorimakun

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:06 am

Toorimakun wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:I was not saying that the difficulty should not be decreased, it should, but that is a different solution than doubling the slots it the pockets.

that would be reasonable i guess... still my vote is on more pockets or make them so you can port with them (even if it was set so that you could only hold tools in them)

It would be great if they made side pockets easier and made it so you could port with stuff in your inner pockets, that way there would be more of a difference.
DarkNacht

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements