Game Development: Is That A Rocket In Your Pocket...?

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Is That A Rocket In Your Pocket...?

Postby Binks » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:42 am

You should just be able to slot your backpack with pockets. (only pockets)
Binks

Postby Viackura » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:48 am

why backpacks? thats too much of an abuse, the way this was implemented is perfect for having an outfit for digging/wood chopping with buckskin and feathered brooch while you have another outfit for foraging (filled with pockets)
Viackura

Postby alloin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Viackura wrote:why backpacks? thats too much of an abuse, the way this was implemented is perfect for having an outfit for digging/wood chopping with buckskin and feathered brooch while you have another outfit for foraging (filled with pockets)

And another outfit for defending, another outfit for attacking, another outfit for looks... how many outfits do we need ?? ¦]
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Ass_Kraken » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:42 pm

alloin wrote:
Viackura wrote:why backpacks? thats too much of an abuse, the way this was implemented is perfect for having an outfit for digging/wood chopping with buckskin and feathered brooch while you have another outfit for foraging (filled with pockets)

And another outfit for defending, another outfit for attacking, another outfit for looks... how many outfits do we need ?? ¦]

ALL OF THEM
Ass_Kraken

Postby Toorimakun » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:25 pm

an outfit for looking sharp when your trying to pick up an Asian girl to marry you <3

but yah i think they should sell cloths that can be equipped on a different set of spaces that doesn't do any thing and cant be sloted and is just to change appearance.
this way you can look how you want with out giving up on getting the slots you need for what ever you want to do.
RIP: Purity, you will be missed.
Toorimakun

Postby staxjax » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:30 pm

I would prefer just having tabs for different clothing sets. Maybe you would need to have a backpack equipped to be able to have access to the extra tabs. It makes a backpack more relevant than just more inventory space, and the choice between wearing a backpack/canoe/sled would have more impact on one's objectives before adventuring away from their base.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:03 pm

I like Stax's idea for clothing tabs. I would also like a "Mannequin" that I can fit wardrobes to inside my house and quickly just right click the mannequin and replace all the gear its wearing with the gear I'm wearing.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:11 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:I like Stax's idea for clothing tabs. I would also like a "Mannequin" that I can fit wardrobes to inside my house and quickly just right click the mannequin and replace all the gear its wearing with the gear I'm wearing.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Already have code for that if it can be easily ported over....
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Dallane » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:20 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:I like Stax's idea for clothing tabs. I would also like a "Mannequin" that I can fit wardrobes to inside my house and quickly just right click the mannequin and replace all the gear its wearing with the gear I'm wearing.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Hnh has this feature if i remember correctly. I never used the wardrobe tho
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ornery » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:56 am

Dallane wrote:

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Hnh has this feature if i remember correctly. I never used the wardrobe tho

Works pretty much like how he described. Wardrobe holds 3 outfits, you select one and it transfers your equipment to the wardrobe and replaces it with the one you selected. They transfer through your bags if I remember right, so you need to have em empty to change most times.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements