Game Development: Every Little... + Development Thoughts

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Every Little... + Development Thoughts

Postby Toorimakun » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Brayns wrote:I can make a char of 300 humours no problem.

it isn't just about being able to make a char 300+ biles....
you saw progress with the purity farming...
with tiered farming you have to keep spamming hey/hummas in order to get the tier BACK up to what it was last time you farmed.
RIP: Purity, you will be missed.
Toorimakun

Postby Potjeh » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Brayns wrote:Isnt this game all about puting enough time in it to get better ?

That would be why the game sucks currently, yeah.
Potjeh

Postby Dallane » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Potjeh wrote:

lol yup
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby alloin » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Potjeh wrote:

This is not the main issue, and 0 - 300 takes what ? 2 months only ?

Reminds me of the WoW-kids who want to be max lvl in 1 day and then whine about no content.

The main issue are you guys, you are used to be getting everything served on a dish, 2 months grind is 'waaay too much', someone who has 100-200 humours more should be impossible to you guys... Well hello, welcome to the real world, where you get rewarded for putting a lot of time & effort into something !!

I believe the game would be better off without you, GW2, ESO, FFXV etc.. might be for you... hell.. even HnH... untill you realise someone who played 24/7 will roflstomp you aswell !
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby morck4 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:38 pm

alloin wrote:The main issue are you guys, you are used to be getting everything served on a dish, 2 months grind is 'waaay too much', someone who has 100-200 humours more should be impossible to you guys...

I dont see the problem with been hard, whats happening at least in the case of my friends and me, its that the way to the 300biles is boring, worthless, tell me why someone will spend 2 months grinding like crazy, what will be the reward?, you can do almost everything with a 100biles character, and most players i know, dont enjoy the new tier system of farming(although is easy compared with the old one) or spend time in longs glutonny sesions.

alloin wrote:Well hello, welcome to the real world, where you get rewarded for putting a lot of time & effort into something !!

I guess salem is not the "real world", but i may be wrong, the matter is that to put time in something you need to enjoy it, and the populations shows that is not quite appealing for most of the playerbase, i usually pick a game to have fun and enjoy, not a second job in pixeland.
morck4

Postby alloin » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:10 pm

morck4 wrote:what will be the reward?

The reward is running around knowing nearly no-one can hurt you, reading rage-posts all day about the humours being impossible to get, about all the bugs we used to get that high, the reward is one-shotting everyone and every creature, destroying your base without much hassle...
...or just having fun after that achievement.

morck4 wrote:
alloin wrote:Well hello, welcome to the real world, where you get rewarded for putting a lot of time & effort into something !!

I guess salem is not the "real world", but i may be wrong, the matter is that to put time in something you need to enjoy it, and the populations shows that is not quite appealing for most of the playerbase, i usually pick a game to have fun and enjoy, not a second job in pixeland.

I cannot disagree on that, but try to swap 'real world' with 'sandbox game' and it's still the same...
There's plenty of themepark games if you want an easy game :D
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Toorimakun » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:17 pm

morck4 wrote:most players i know, dont enjoy the new tier system of farming(although is easy compared with the old one)

this....
most farmers don't like the new system even if you can still get the 300 biles from before...
and with out farmers our cooks cant make food... and with out food we can't do any work.

now you can go out and gather stuff... but most stuff restores very little bile... except witch hats... but now witch hats need to be boiled.
witch hats restore less then some thing we could have cooked before... and gathering requires a constant effort where as farming is only every 3 days.
and with the boiling process you are now going threw almost the same effort you would if you were cooking some thing.

so in all gathering witch hats gives less bile and is more work then if we had farmers... that we don't have because most of them find the new farming system boring or too much effort with not much noticeable reward.

but yes any one playing now knows that the tiered system fixed the bile issue...... but the problem now is that the tiered system is too much of a hassle to even get good quality food to just restore biles let alone the whole glutty thing every one is hung up on.
RIP: Purity, you will be missed.
Toorimakun

Postby morck4 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:42 pm

alloin wrote:I cannot disagree on that, but try to swap 'real world' with 'sandbox game' and it's still the same...
There's plenty of themepark games if you want an easy game

Its not a matter of "easy" or "hard", tell me which parts of salem are hard? Really is not a hard game, the only hard part is the lack of information for new players in some mechanics, you are mistaken time consuming with hard game, which is not the case, even a 10yo like waffles can play this game succesfully spending 16 hours daily.
morck4

Postby martinuzz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:29 pm

As a farmer, I must say that I do not agree that the new tier farming is less fun.
Sure, it's a lot of work to set it up, but then again that only depends on how many fields you want to push at the same time.
Once it's done though, it's so very rewarding. And it takes little effort to maintain once it's up.
By now, I've tiered 48 fields completely, and have run a few nice tier 3 harvests already.

I think farming is more fun now, there's more variation, with more incentive to plant different tiers of crops.

That aside, purity is ***** up, and most recipes need an overhaul, especially those that do not benefit from the tier update.
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Postby xweetok59 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:10 pm

alloin wrote:
Potjeh wrote:

This is not the main issue, and 0 - 300 takes what ? 2 months only ?

Yeah, it takes 2 months to get, and 2 minutes for someone to destroy it.
xweetok59

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements