Game Development: Every Little... + Development Thoughts

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Every Little... + Development Thoughts

Postby Claeyt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:17 am

What about the Corpse lifting patch, that technically was the last patch.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby colesie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:23 am

More like fixes imo, but yes you're right
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby kyoshox » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:44 am

all i no its been almost 3 months sence we got a decent patch/update

i mean i wouldnt count anything after the meat pie changes. i mean poison mushrooms really and still cant buy the alc pack in the store! so idk whats going on
kyoshox

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:49 am

kyoshox wrote:so idk whats going on

You havn't known what has been going on for well more than 3 months. So it seems that nothing has changed has it?

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Claeyt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:34 am

So Tiered Food was in May, and that was huge and only about a month and a week old, and then We had 'The corpse bug and destruction and carry' Patch, that's 2 patch's in a month and a week or so, not to bad for those of us who remember last falls update schedule.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Don't PK the Asian Girls

Postby Toorimakun » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:08 am

Claeyt wrote:So Tiered Food was in May, and that was huge and only about a month and a week old, and then We had 'The corpse bug and destruction and carry' Patch, that's 2 patch's in a month and a week or so, not to bad for those of us who remember last falls update schedule.

well while tiered food dose help from the farming nerf... it doesn't really make up for the farming nerf in that you don't see any permint progress.
also for those of us that are non-PVP as much as can be in this game... the "corpse lifting patch" is also not good and much of the player base was non-PVP.

while perma death dose add some excitement it wasn't some thing most players go out and seek... in fact more some thing that was avoided at all costs.

i personally play for building villages and the exploring.
i have helped start a village from scratch for some hermits and also help upgrade my groups villages.
and have found many snake skulls... my goal is to hopefully some day find 2 snake skulls in one run. :)
*also hope some more powerful rare items are added for me to hunt down*

while i have helped my village track down criminals in the days before candy gang... it was only to help enforce peace in our area of influence.
RIP: Purity, you will be missed.
Toorimakun

Postby Thor » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:49 am

No matter what your play style is, constant updates and new features keep the game fresh.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Viackura » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:00 am

I started playing a game set in the colonial era since the beginning of this year, ever since then i've spent roughly 4 months playing at least 6 hours a day every day, i fell in love with the lore it was set in, and became interested in the pilgrim era, watched lots of movies and essentially fell in love with it, now the future of the game is uncertain and this is a very sad moment for me, this game has potential... or had
Viackura

Postby staxjax » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:02 am

Eh, I think it will be fine. Just look at Hnh...3(?) years without content updates and it's still kicking.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Brayns » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:04 am

Isnt this game all about puting enough time in it to get better ?
I've been playing after they "nerfed" purity. I dont see what all fuzz is about with the purity patch !
I can make a char of 300 humours no problem. it will take me a while to get there true. but as i build myself a base with good defence ill be safe doing the grind.

I know there are people with 500 + wandering around right now. Avoid them .... its just a matter of time you will be at the same lvl or even a little less team up and take them down :twisted: ( and "balance" will be restored.....)

If we start over with a new server the same problem will happen again ! There will be people that are more powerfull then you are.
Yes they invested more time into the game and knew how to play better.

Grow some balls stop complaining and start playing ! The more your whining the further you get behind !!!

PS: People want to make money all the time so they will sell good purity to give you a head start anyway's
Brayns

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements