Game Development: Every Little... + Development Thoughts

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Every Little... + Development Thoughts

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:16 am

n0kturnal wrote:
Let's hear your ideas, ********.

edit: 69th post

I've heard all of Dallanes ideas and can testify they are better than yours.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Marlucia » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:34 am

morck4 wrote:I want to know if there is gonna be a wipe or the policy " no wipes" will remain, cause if not i dont see a point in people keep playing and i hope we get some kind of alert/notice(weeks/month maybe) of a wipe incoming, not wake up one day and find out that the server has reset.

Sadly, that's how wipes usually go in H&H. They are very frequent and very sudden. I hope that the devs will try to make them more tolerable in Salem, even without Paradox pushing them.
Marlucia

Postby Claeyt » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:03 am

jwhitehorn wrote:I've heard all of Dallanes ideas and can testify they are better than yours.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

:shock: but true
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Vigilance » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:47 am

that means i can tell everyone to go ***** themselves again?

GO ***** YOURSELVES, SALEM, YOU TRANSCEND CAREBEAR ******
Suffragium wrote:I love sausages.
Vigilance

Postby Chiprel » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:10 am

Get back your quote in sig Vigi ¦]
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby Dallane » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:01 pm

n0kturnal wrote:
Dallane wrote:
RonPaulFTW wrote:Please don't wipe

Having played for a couple weeks now (never played HnH) I'd like to offer up a couple thoughts about the long term viability.

1.) Beginner protection for 2 weeks
2.) Safe in game trading among players. You take a 15-20% cut.
3.) Player stalls should be able to buy and sell. Lots more player stalls - and make them turn over more often - maybe cancel lease due to inactivity.
4.) Solution for 2&3 might be a super bazaar stall where players can list stuff for buy/sell only while their character is in boston.
5.) Player town stalls. You take your standard stall cut. This would provide an easy mechanism for established players to recruit n00bs to do work for them (make hay etc...) and pay them. N00bs more likely to play with a clear path up. More likely to restart too.
6.) Some of us have dev experience. Let us help.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
all terrible

You are welcome to search my vast number of post with ideas that are all better then yours
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Hardsun » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Some intresting ideas here that could be used in Salem.
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/TynanSylvester/20130602/193462/The_Simulation_Dream.php

Well probably JLo could use some of this...
Hardsun

Postby martinuzz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Hardsun wrote:Some intresting ideas here that could be used in Salem.
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/TynanSylvester/20130602/193462/The_Simulation_Dream.php

Well probably JLo could use some of this...

nice read there, enjoyed that article
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Postby n0kturnal » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Dallane wrote:
n0kturnal wrote:
Dallane wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
all terrible

You are welcome to search my vast number of post with ideas that are all better then yours

They aren't my ideas. I just thought it necessary to point out the fact that the poster took a few minutes to ponder and then type up his ideas. You on the other hand just posted a one sentence insult that added absolutely nothing to the discussion, like 99% of your posts. I don't need to search anything you've posted, because when I see that goofy avatar I know to read no further - another **** post by a **** poster.

On topic: This is why new players don't stick around. The game is niche, the forums are filled with trolls, and you can lose all your progress in an instant. It worked for Haven, but it won't work on Salem. Either heavily weight things in noobs favor (easy glutton, robust defense, etc) or give noobs an option to join a village right off the bat where they can grow in a peaceful place and learn the game.
n0kturnal

Postby morck4 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:16 pm

n0kturnal wrote:On topic: This is why new players don't stick around. The game is niche, the forums are filled with trolls, and you can lose all your progress in an instant. It worked for Haven, but it won't work on Salem. Either heavily weight things in noobs favor (easy glutton, robust defense, etc) or give noobs an option to join a village right off the bat where they can grow in a peaceful place and learn the game.

Defences are fine, but it seems people continue to talking even when they stop playing time ago or never raid a single claim with braziers, the noobs have an option it calls "read", they can read sevenless guide or other defences guides like colesies guide, but it seems its to difficult to do that, and is easier to quit and cry about that. Also gluttony with the tier food update make things alot easier for noobs giving them the chance of making high biles characters if they put effort in the game.
morck4

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements