Salem - Future

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem - Future

Postby Potjeh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Uhm, so what exactly does this mean? Paradox will continue to provide servers and cash shop, but J&L are off the payroll? Ie, redefining contract to some sort of profit sharing partnership rather than employer-employee relationship?
Potjeh

Postby jorb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Potjeh wrote:Uhm, so what exactly does this mean? Paradox will continue to provide servers and cash shop, but J&L are off the payroll? Ie, redefining contract to some sort of profit sharing partnership rather than employer-employee relationship?

Without going into the particulars, yes, pretty much.
jorb

Postby Potjeh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Ah, relieved to hear they're not pulling out completely. Doubt you'd have the legal and technical resources to run a cash shop.
Potjeh

Postby jorb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Potjeh wrote:Doubt you'd have the legal and technical resources to run a cash shop.

Pah! Ye of little faith!
jorb

Postby Procne » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 pm

jorb wrote:Loftar and I are a bit like cats. We come and go, but we're fuzzy and lovable.

But start neglecting the cats causing them to get bored and they start pissing on your bed while you sleep as an act of protest :(
/reallifestory
Procne

Postby Darwoth » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:41 pm

why not? i could set up a cash shop on my website in 15 minutes for my old socks if i wanted to
Darwoth

Postby Potjeh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Until a customer takes some sort of legal action against you for whatever reason.
Potjeh

Postby Darwoth » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:45 pm

guess the hundreds of thousands of small online businesses doing trillions of dollars in transactions and are nothing more than privately run "cash shops" themselves are on the brink of disaster then.

(or you live somewhere like italy where they imprison meteorologists for failing to predict the weather good enough)
Darwoth

Postby lachlaan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Seismologists, actually. Not sure if they imprisoned them yet, but it's a load of bull either way :P Corrupt justice system allowing corrupt politicians to give construction contracts to corrupt construction companies that just half ass everything, then blaming seismologists for not predicting the earthquake rather than blaming themselves for allowing the construction of buildings that don't respect safety regulations. They won't touch cash shops though, they don't understand the internet well enough.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Please, in your announcement, tell us if there is going to be a wipe or not. I just don't think I can start over in Salem with a wipe. Please take that into consideration for those of us that have been at this for months and months. I'm sort of glad Paradox gave this to you guys. I don't mind if this takes 3 years to get it right or hell 10 years I'll stick with it, but not if there's a wipe. A wipe is not the same thing on Salem as it is on HnH. Think of selected wipes of certain objects (hummus, characters, seeds etc.) It's a much harder start and a much longer build than HnH, and for those of us who have kept playing Salem as the population has gone down it's been a real test to stick with the game or not.

Darwoth and some of us have been saying for you to make Salem more like HnH for months now to get those dedicated players over here. You can do that and I'm sure we'll all have patience now that you're in full control of the game. I'd love to see ent's and bee hives and stuff from HnH over here.

Again questions I'd like to see answered:

1. Will there be a wipe of Salem?
2. What are the Dev's plans for Salem going forward without Paradox?
3. What happens now?

Please don't keep us in the dark.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements