Salem - Future

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem - Future

Postby jorb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Darwoth wrote:well however it works are you still aiming for no wipes?

I'll make a concerted statement on our take on the development status in general later tonight.
jorb

Postby Nephilim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:13 pm

jorb wrote:
Darwoth wrote:well however it works are you still aiming for no wipes?

I'll make a concerted statement on our take on the development status in general later tonight.

Looking forward :)
Nephilim

Postby lachlaan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Cool, good to know :) Will be looking out for the statement then. I personally think that a little back and forth between Salem and HnH can't really be a bad thing, I agree with what Darwoth (I think it was him at least) commented to the doomsayers in general, namely that it would be beneficial to Salem if Jorb and Loftar had a look at what made HnH so successful in the first place, and used all they learned from both games to improve both games. So yeah, keep up the good work guys :)
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Darwoth

Postby NeiroShop » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm

jorb wrote:
NeiroShop wrote:The fact the TWO devs of salem has spent more time posting on their pet project page than on their business side game...

For a whole few days after 2.5 years spent working solely on Salem, yes, correct you are. ;)

Those few days being crucial days after a no patch day, Without any info from you on theese boards with the game servers acting up on weekend etc.

It wouldve taken 2mins to post something. In between posting on H&H. However i thank you with high hopes for the announcement promised.
NeiroShop

Postby Kaleb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 pm

A tale in the dessert has yearly wipes. The first year was fun and a learning experience. After the first wipe I was disappointed because there were many things I had not learned to build yet. Partially into the second year, even after new items were added, I just couldn't enjoy the game due to the fact I had to basically relearn even the simplest of things.

If you must implement regular wipes, how about restricting it to a server or two ? As to the initial wipe, I am sure most players can tolerate that.
Kaleb

Postby jorb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:21 pm

NeiroShop wrote:It wouldve taken 2mins to post something. In between posting on H&H.

Loftar and I are a bit like cats. We come and go, but we're fuzzy and lovable.
jorb

Postby Onionfighter » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:22 pm

NeiroShop wrote:It wouldve taken 2mins to post something. In between posting on H&H. However i thank you with high hopes for the announcement promised.

I like to think that Jorb usually gives more thought to his posts than pounding out something in 2 min.
Onionfighter

Postby NeiroShop » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Onionfighter wrote:
NeiroShop wrote:It wouldve taken 2mins to post something. In between posting on H&H. However i thank you with high hopes for the announcement promised.

I like to think that Jorb usually gives more thought to his posts than pounding out something in 2 min.

A simple message that for unknown reason the servers are experiencing lag instead of the 50 out of a 150 players making multiple topics & threads about it usually dont need more than 2mins of thought.
NeiroShop

Postby Evo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:32 pm

make the game better,
and look forward to better partnerships.
Expand your team jorb.
Evo

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements