Salem - Future

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem - Future

Postby Darkside » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:53 pm

jorb wrote:The plug won't be pulled, though. We have every intention of keeping the game around and continue working on it. :)

So what's the plan going forward?
Darkside

Postby Darwoth » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:54 pm

well however it works are you still aiming for no wipes? i would appreciate a clear straight answer as i have no interest in further fortifying my base, grinding tree purity etc if there are wipes in the future as there are more fun things to do, and history has shown that silence generally hints at an answer you don't want to hear.
Darwoth

Postby eiokh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:56 pm

u get frequent wipe in H&H ? :shock:
eiokh

Postby alagar » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Well, i will try play HH now.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby Nephilim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:58 pm

eiokh wrote:u get frequent wipe in H&H ? :shock:

It is relative. But I would say they are frequent. Some players want stability and be able to invest more into game and not to start over every 8-12 months.
Nephilim

Postby Darwoth » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:59 pm

eiokh wrote:u get frequent wipe in H&H ? :shock:

until this last world they were on average once a year, which is fairly frequent considering the time investment in the game. it also killed desire to start more than 2 or so months late in the world because by the time you caught up to the curve you didn't have long before you were wiped.

(and for me after starting over in 6 different worlds it got old being a newb over and over)
Darwoth

Postby NeiroShop » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 pm

All the people claiming the game is dying seems to have been correct after reading the OP.

I find it very sad that paradox has removed themselves from Salem. The fact the TWO devs of salem has spent more time posting on their pet project page than on their business side game and the publisher removing itself from the game are huge disappointments.

I had hoped Paradox would "whip" the devs in line or hire a 2nd dev team to aid in making this game succesful as it is now the game we loved is mostly gone replaced by a grindfest without any real content to go along with it(unless you consider poisonous mushrooms content).
NeiroShop

Postby alagar » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:05 pm

NeiroShop wrote:All the people claiming the game is dying seems to have been correct after reading the OP.

I find it very sad that paradox has removed themselves from Salem. The fact the TWO devs of salem has spent more time posting on their pet project page than on their business side game and the publisher removing itself from the game are huge disappointments.

I had hoped Paradox would "whip" the devs in line or hire a 2nd dev team to aid in making this game succesful as it is now the game we loved is mostly gone replaced by a grindfest without any real content to go along with it(unless you consider poisonous mushrooms content).

The problem is the same team is working on two games with the same style. I dont see the logic on it if they dont have more the paradox support.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby NeiroShop » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:06 pm

alagar wrote:
The problem is the same team is working on two games with the same style. I dont see the logic on it if they dont have more the paradox support.

that is kind of my point alagar. As i said huge disappointment.
NeiroShop

Postby jorb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:10 pm

NeiroShop wrote:The fact the TWO devs of salem has spent more time posting on their pet project page than on their business side game...

For a whole few days after 2.5 years spent working solely on Salem, yes, correct you are. ;)
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements