Wish you were here

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Wish you were here

Postby Jalpha » Thu May 23, 2013 3:34 am

A small request; When determining your gluttony values for foodstuffs, please adhere to the effort versus reward philosophy. More difficult recipes, using harder to acquire ingredients and more ingredients should have a higher gluttony value. Or even a more reliable gluttony value.

Perfectly understandable to need more time imho, a lot of the mechanics are currently like a tangled ball of string and I imagine it will take some time to get all the loops out. So, crappy pep talk out.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Borgins » Thu May 23, 2013 3:35 am

I didn't mind the way the updates were going, however I was under the impression that you knew what you were doing and had a purpose, looks like I was wrong.
Don't stuff it up because of a few whiners guys.
"Salem the crafting MMO with permadeath" that's why I started playing.
staxjax wrote:ps. who the ***** wears sweaters and flannel on a tropical island.

You never saw never saw middle aged Englishmen or Russians on Holiday?
Borgins

Postby Champie » Thu May 23, 2013 3:40 am

And we all wish you were here.

We all wish lots more people were here
contemplate this.jpg
contemplate this.jpg (14.77 KiB) Viewed 7364 times

That ought to give you something to contemplate.
Champie

Postby Serejai » Thu May 23, 2013 3:49 am

You guys simply need to hire a third person to explain to you how retarded a lot of your decisions are. You have a lot of potential here but your egos are ruining it. I'm sure you know who Notch is, yes? He did an interview once where he admitted that he thought he was one of the best programmers ever and that he didn't realize until modders started taking over that he was mediocre at best. Because of this he got his act together, hired some people to butt heads with him, and the game went on to sell millions.

You need to find someone that is going to talk **** about everything you do in order to get yourselves asking "Why does he think this idea is so terrible?" which will hopefully lead into you giving it a second examination and finding ways to improve it. Right now it feels like one of you comes up with an awful idea and the other is too busy giving a reach around to add any common sense or logic to the development of said idea.

Hire a third person for the love of god.
Serejai

Postby JinxDevona » Thu May 23, 2013 4:09 am

LMAO! :lol:
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby Champie » Thu May 23, 2013 4:18 am

Serejai wrote:You guys simply need to hire a third person to explain to you how retarded a lot of your decisions are. You have a lot of potential here but your egos are ruining it. I'm sure you know who Notch is, yes? He did an interview once where he admitted that he thought he was one of the best programmers ever and that he didn't realize until modders started taking over that he was mediocre at best. Because of this he got his act together, hired some people to butt heads with him, and the game went on to sell millions.

You need to find someone that is going to talk **** about everything you do in order to get yourselves asking "Why does he think this idea is so terrible?" which will hopefully lead into you giving it a second examination and finding ways to improve it. Right now it feels like one of you comes up with an awful idea and the other is too busy giving a reach around to add any common sense or logic to the development of said idea.

Hire a third person for the love of god.

I would like to echo these sentiments in the most constructive, supportive, respectful way toward the game and the devs.
Champie

Postby Jalpha » Thu May 23, 2013 4:25 am

What is it that people have such a problem with though?

The mushroom thing, while unnecessary isn't anywhere near as bad as people make out.

The changes to purity were a positive thing in my opinion because gaining purity was simply too easy before.

Gluttony needs a lot of work, but they have made positive changes in that direction...

I think people just want a game where they can be totally retarded and still be successful at. I'd prefer it if that didn't become the situation.

I have my complaints with the games mechanics, but they are to do with defences and effort vs reward in many game aspects.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby colesie » Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 am

I support this anti-update 100%
Take your time, think it over as best you can and don't feel shy to ask us for opinions before heading into any specific direction.
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Champie » Thu May 23, 2013 4:57 am

A wise man once said, "The last tears you drink will be your own."
Champie

Postby colesie » Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 am

I don't think they'll be running out anytime soon. Avu filled their tanks several times over since they started up in 2009.

Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements