Game Development: Project Mayhem

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Project Mayhem

Postby Scilly_guy » Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 am

Time until all faith lost in Jorbtar (13hrs 30 minutes), alchemy pack and an impressive terraforming tool are required to prevent this.
Scilly_guy

Postby Eniac » Sun May 19, 2013 10:46 am

Could you list what kinds of lets say meat cuts are better to use ? I mean is it better to use beaver cuts or deer cuts?
Eniac

Postby Potjeh » Sun May 19, 2013 11:25 am

You guys expect them to work on Sunday?

Eniac: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6459
Potjeh

Postby thl111 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Maybe we'll have one big update next Thursday.
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby Kandarim » Sun May 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Eniac wrote:Could you list what kinds of lets say meat cuts are better to use ? I mean is it better to use beaver cuts or deer cuts?

Roughly, it comes down to monster strength: rabbit < snake < turkey < beaver < deer < bear. It does vary a bit between the humours they give for glutton.

thl111 wrote:Maybe we'll have one big update next Thursday.

one can only hope

Given that we've been waiting for an alchemy pack two weeks now, I've come to attach special meaning to
later this week
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby thl111 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Maybe where they live, a week has 30 days ¦] .
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby Scilly_guy » Sun May 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Seriously though, if you say "later this week" on a thursday then you have until sunday at the latest. If its not going to be ready for another week then say "Sorry no update this week." Don't think it sounds good to hand out false promises.
Scilly_guy

Postby trinh » Sun May 19, 2013 3:38 pm

game content > `fancy` graphics
no lifers prefer 2D running on low spec then 3D abusing even high end gaming rigs :(

I don't want to play smartass
I_still_care_about_this_game.jpg
Image Plymouth! Live free or die trying. #salem @ synIRC statistics ⚔⚔⚔⚔
trinh

Postby Serejai » Sun May 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Guys, give them a break. They very clearly don't know what they're doing and if you believe otherwise then I've got a bridge to sell you.
Serejai

Postby kruskdamangled » Sun May 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Serejai wrote:Guys, give them a break. They very clearly don't know what they're doing and if you believe otherwise then I've got a bridge to sell you.

That's not fair.
They clearly aren't the most professional devs, but they do the best they can. I don't know whether they actually have other people helping them, but a lot of the work is clearly done by the two of them. It might as well be two guys and a dog doing the coding and all. They do a good job all considered. I think the worst you could accuse them of is overselling things a little bit, but that's typical in big commercial stuff. And this game is. It's the smallest kind of commercial project you can get in the smallest kind of game company that's still in the "big boy corporation" league. They want an impressive pitch and nice trailers and all that jazz.

They are pitching a game that is yet to be. It is unfortunate that they must do this, but it's true. We know what the game is like now, and to their credit, it's getting more like what they are pitching every week. They missed once. That's a good track record really.

They know what they are doing, they just don't have the most resources to do it. And even bigger teams often end up later than they intended, or release something early that's totally ***** and takes them months to fix. Look at Team Fortress 2. They do a LOT of ***** updates that are clearly, in practice, not what they intended, and they have an actual set up to alpha and beta test changes to the game before it goes live on the "real" game. And Valve is HUGE compared to Team SeaTribe.
kruskdamangled

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements