Game Development: Project Mayhem

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Project Mayhem

Postby Scilly_guy » Mon May 20, 2013 6:43 pm

kruskdamangled wrote:And you still play for free regardless. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth people. (Although, I do want horses if you guys read this. Turkey being the only domestic animal besides Noob Slaves is boring.)

You said something about the game is boring, so why do you bother playing? Huh huh? Its a free game stop complaining!

I completely agree that they can do whatever they like whenever they like, and I do enjoy the weekly updates, all I am saying is that they keep saying they are going to do stuff and then not delivering, that is really disheartening, all I suggested is that they don't under estimate the time it will take them to do something, I'd much rather they came along and said "We've been developing and here is what is new: We're ahead of schedule on this new terraforming tool, it only took us 2 weeks to finish it instead of the 4 that we said it would." That way everyone is happy.
Scilly_guy

Postby Kandarim » Mon May 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Scilly_guy wrote:I'd much rather they came along and said "We've been developing and here is what is new: We're ahead of schedule on this new terraforming tool, it only took us 2 weeks to finish it instead of the 4 that we said it would." That way everyone is happy.

But typically, they never do say exactly what they're working on. They already follow that philosophy, largely. The exception being this week when jorb took pity and told us there would be no update on thursday. Oh, and the alchemy pack :lol:
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Trypticoon » Mon May 20, 2013 7:19 pm

DemonEyes wrote:I'm sorry I forgot that you are entitled to a weekly update on Thursday, no sooner and no later..

I'm sorry that you didn't notice that I never complained about the update being late. What is with you people?
Trypticoon

Postby kruskdamangled » Mon May 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Scilly_guy wrote:
kruskdamangled wrote:And you still play for free regardless. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth people. (Although, I do want horses if you guys read this. Turkey being the only domestic animal besides Noob Slaves is boring.)

You said something about the game is boring, so why do you bother playing? Huh huh? Its a free game stop complaining!

I completely agree that they can do whatever they like whenever they like, and I do enjoy the weekly updates, all I am saying is that they keep saying they are going to do stuff and then not delivering, that is really disheartening, all I suggested is that they don't under estimate the time it will take them to do something, I'd much rather they came along and said "We've been developing and here is what is new: We're ahead of schedule on this new terraforming tool, it only took us 2 weeks to finish it instead of the 4 that we said it would." That way everyone is happy.

I do. I don't play all the time, but definitely a solid 2-4 hours a day. I have village mates who spend much more of their free time playing the game (not always exclusively, they watch stuff and surf the net, but they are still playing the game.)
kruskdamangled

Postby mdm20 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:56 pm

I agree with Trypticoon 100%. If they said they were delaying the patch to finish some of the half done things, I doubt many people would be complaining. Instead they are working on a ground leveling tool that no one seems too interested in. The major alchemy patch was on April 4th. It's now May 20th (46 days after that patch) and we still can't see what the purity of compost bins and pots are, even though they play a critical role in the purity system.
mdm20

Postby BubbaMKII » Tue May 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Trypticoon wrote:
DemonEyes wrote:I'm sorry I forgot that you are entitled to a weekly update on Thursday, no sooner and no later..

I'm sorry that you didn't notice that I never complained about the update being late. What is with you people?

Fanbois playing the beta/it's free card.
I wish i got a euro for every time i read those lame excuses on a game's forum.

I wonder how much weed Jorbtar smoke.
The jumping around from one thing to the other without finishing anything is one of the things that happens when you smoke regularly.

>inb4 you don't know what you're talking about, again.
>mfw smoked daily for 30 years straight untill 16 months ago.
BubbaMKII

Postby Jalpha » Tue May 21, 2013 7:08 pm

Lol, well I hope they keep smokin up a storm if that's the case, cuz while this game is broken, it's a damn fine idea.

Much better than another mainstream wow clone.

If you don't want to play a mainstream game, you will have to deal wit devs who are also not mainstream. I think y'all be expectin too much from ye olde two man dev team. It's good to see how many people are so passionate about this game that they get so emo about it's current state though. I think that's a positive thing, just don't get brought down while waiting for the good times to come.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby BubbaMKII » Tue May 21, 2013 7:22 pm

Jalpha wrote: It's good to see how many people are so passionate about this game that they get so emo about it's current state though.

Too bad you get loads of crap on here for liking a game and complaining about it's current state.
People don't seem to understand that only people who care complain.
People who don't care just leave in silence never to be seen again.
BubbaMKII

Postby Trypticoon » Tue May 21, 2013 7:55 pm

It's obvious that none of us would even be here if we didn't hold some degree of affection for this game. I just don't think it's unreasonable to expect a new mechanic to be more than half finished before we're confronted with 3 or 4 more. If anything, that should be easier with a 2 man team than a 200 man team. I don't know why the devs keep jumping from project to project but it gives the impression that they're either high as ***** 18 hours a day or unhappy with their own ideas. If it's the latter then that's a shame because they have great ideas. They just need to be fully realized. I can't speak for everyone but I know alot of us would trade weekly updates for complete updates.
Trypticoon

Postby Spazzmaticus » Tue May 21, 2013 8:03 pm

BubbaMKII wrote:
Jalpha wrote: It's good to see how many people are so passionate about this game that they get so emo about it's current state though.

Too bad you get loads of crap on here for liking a game and complaining about it's current state.
People don't seem to understand that only people who care complain.
People who don't care just leave in silence never to be seen again.

Or they just don't talk unless they have constructive criticism to offer. Look up that word. It's crucial when providing feedback about the game. If you don't have anything constructive to say you are, per definition, whining. That has a dendency to make matters worse, not better.
Spazzmaticus

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements