Game Development: Project Mayhem

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Project Mayhem

Postby Papi » Wed May 22, 2013 5:17 pm

still waiting on the alchemy pack ;)
Salvador Dali wrote:There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Papi

Postby Trypticoon » Wed May 22, 2013 6:57 pm

lachlaan wrote:The argument that any two added elements that depend on one another to have a function are implemented simply to give the other a function would invalidate the entire game. They only added a map to give a purpose to the whole moving mechanic. They only added moving to make use of that huge map they added.

This is silly. Moving is essential to almost anything you do in the entire game. Explain to me how pots are essential to anything, beyond one meaningless hoop that they added for you to jump through. If you took away movement, the game would be unplayable. If you took out pots you'd have the exact same game.
Trypticoon

Postby colesie » Wed May 22, 2013 8:09 pm

Inb4 tonight's update is wheelbarrows that can store dirt clumps but in order to make them useful you'll no longer be able to put dirt inside of sleds ¦]
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Serejai » Wed May 22, 2013 8:20 pm

They're going to add plows to the game tonight...

Which requires horses to pull, and those won't be added anytime soon.
Serejai

Postby Trypticoon » Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Removing dirt from wheelbarrow will be added in a later update.
Trypticoon

Postby colesie » Wed May 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Every 25% of your max phl used, you need to drink water from a bucket to get back your stamina but the water must be purified over a fire first
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby dageir » Wed May 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Next update will make it so you need a specific food to replenish the humours. No food increases more than one separate humour. All these kinds of foods are not available as forageables. You have to make a fire to be able to cook them. The tinder drill will break 10 times more often than it already does. If you fail to light a fire, you will eventually KO from the blood loss. The KO will last forever.
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby alagar » Wed May 22, 2013 9:16 pm

colesie wrote:Every 25% of your max phl used, you need to drink water from a bucket to get back your stamina but the water must be purified over a fire first

And the fire will now have purity set by the wood you use.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby kruskdamangled » Wed May 22, 2013 11:49 pm

colesie wrote:Every 25% of your max phl used, you need to drink water from a bucket to get back your stamina but the water must be purified over a fire first

Oh come now.

If they do something like that you will just get sick from drinking bad water and get a debuff.
Other alternatives would be making mildly alcoholic beverages to drink to avoid bad water.
Stuff like Kvass or Small Beer, basically. It would be almost impossible to get drunk on it,
but you wouldn't get sick from bad water.
kruskdamangled

Previous

Return to Announcements