Game Development: 1UP

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: 1UP

Postby sabinati » Wed May 08, 2013 7:06 pm

post titans or gtfo
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Azor » Wed May 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Actually because of crying noobs we got overpowered defence and idiotic waste claims. Only this reason we got titans, because people just want to able to raid.

Now this noobs crying about TOO ***** HARD grind. C'mon, our group got 90+% seeds in ~2 damn mounths after start. Only 2 farmers and few ppl to help with coal. Yea, ***** hard. No more progression for normal community in crafting MMO after 2 mounths.

I just hope Jorbtar will plug his ears not to hear those nabz moans and will make game that they like. Every time they were going on about the forums whiners, they made garbage.

L33LEE wrote:They never published videos from raids, so they a ****.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Luckily I have titan. Once again:
Azor wrote:
Dallane wrote:
L33LEE wrote:Newbs on this game have no ***** CLUE how HARD IT WAS to make a 350+ bile char from scratch.

It wasn't hard at all back when pruity was good. Hitting the 200-300 mark was a day of cooking and eating. That also depends on your farming setup tho.

About 2 hours.
cooking4nabz
Azor

Postby L33LEE » Wed May 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Azor wrote:Actually because of crying noobs we got overpowered defence and idiotic waste claims. Only this reason we got titans, because people just want to able to raid.

Now this noobs crying about TOO ***** HARD grind. C'mon, our group got 90+% seeds in ~2 damn mounths after start. Only 2 farmers and few ppl to help with coal. Yea, ***** hard. No more progression for normal community in crafting MMO after 2 mounths.

I just hope Jorbtar will plug his ears not to hear those nabz moans and will make game that they like. Every time they were going on about the forums whiners, they made garbage.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Luckily I have titan. Once again:

Took our ONLY FARMER 3-4 months to get our purity seeds, and it was calculated a total of approx 3000 work hours of EVERYTHING INVOLVED in producing the seeds only. (We are talking cutting + chopping trees, Making coal, and everything it involves, not just planting etc)

Once the seeds are @ 100%, and you had 100% humus, yes it takes a matter of HOURS to get a char to 200-300 biles, the simple fact that even you are missing azor, is the PREVIOUS EFFORT required to get the 100% seeds.

Azor, you TOTALLY MISSED THE POINT, If you ALREADY HAD 100% seeds + 100% humus, it was so easy to make 450 bile chars it was unreal(YES 450, ***** 300 bile noob accounts)(As mentioned 1 day of cooking + eating), however GETTING THE SEEDS was the challenge.

Azor, you was a group of like 10-15 players, EASY for you guys maybe.

Why am i even discussing this with you lol., if you consider 3000~ hours of grinding for just 100% purity seeds alone "Easy" your a bigger bunch of pathetic no lifers than i previously taught.

PS: If The purity system was not changed, i can assure you, the 300 bile "gods" as people are talking about now would mean nothing to the candy gang, as we would be running around with a 650+~ bile Army now.

PPS: If you think it required 100% purity seeds to obtain 200~300 biles "easy mode" also, it shows your a total newb and have no clue what your talking about either, because it can be done alot bloody sooner than 100%, which also indicates most people commenting on the subject are totally retarded also.
Last edited by L33LEE on Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby colesie » Wed May 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Cut the RAGEY name CALLING in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD please
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby JeffGV » Wed May 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Imho, the main problem is quite more complex. As in, there are many people who have got humors that shouldn't be available normally, as things stand now. And there are still items gotten with the old system that can unbalance the new one (high purity worms/phytons, stockpiled high purity flour and so on).
Devs won't be able to balance the game properly as it is. If they balance according to the "normal" humors people should get at a certain point, it will be ridiculous for the titan chars. If they balance for titans, it will be unplayable for normal people. And as we go on, this can only worsen.
JeffGV

Postby L33LEE » Wed May 08, 2013 8:20 pm

JeffGV wrote:Imho, the main problem is quite more complex. As in, there are many people who have got humors that shouldn't be available normally, as things stand now. And there are still items gotten with the old system that can unbalance the new one (high purity worms/phytons, stockpiled high purity flour and so on).
Devs won't be able to balance the game properly as it is. If they balance according to the "normal" humors people should get at a certain point, it will be ridiculous for the titan chars. If they balance for titans, it will be unplayable for normal people. And as we go on, this can only worsen.

I quite agree.

They need to totally REVERT the purity farming system to the old ways.
IF THEY WANT SLOWER DEVELOPMENT > Do the simple thing, make it a MAX of +/-2 on the element and not +/-5, to massively increase the grind, yet make 100% obtainable, and high bile chars obtainable, as well as being able to keep the current brazier defenses (Even though they are so OP its unreal).
They need to add a new stronger wall, Keep all new alchemy items, which would work on par with the +/-2 element farming system.

But what do the devs care ? Im just a stupid retard who plays there game :|

L33LEE

Postby darnokpl » Wed May 08, 2013 8:29 pm

L33LEE wrote:IF THEY WANT SLOWER DEVELOPMENT > Do the simple thing, make it a MAX of +/-2 on the element and not +/-5, to massively increase the grind, yet make 100%

No more randoms :| It should be circle like
purity farming -> better farm animals -> better humus (from animals it would rise in every generation) -> better farms

Character biles should also count in mining since noob shouldn't be able to mine 60% iron with 10 bile char, so farming better food would also help in mining higher purity nodes.
darnokpl

Postby Azor » Wed May 08, 2013 9:42 pm

L33LEE wrote:Took our ONLY FARMER 3-4 months to get our purity seeds, and it was calculated a total of approx 3000 work hours of EVERYTHING INVOLVED in producing the seeds only. (We are talking cutting + chopping trees, Making coal, and everything it involves, not just planting etc)

Poor farmer... 3000 hours per 3 months... let me think... aha, so he solo spend around 33 hrs/day. HOLY CRAP! This is a miracle! :shock:

But I see your point, here is only nolifers and some **** who's never published videos from raids. Indeed, what is there to talk.

I understand the problems of developers, it is very difficult to make a commercially successful game, preserving the spirit of HnH freedom. But so far I still hope that they will be able to do it.
Azor

Postby L33LEE » Wed May 08, 2013 10:06 pm

@Azor

Only 2 farmers and few ppl to help with coal. Yea, ***** hard.

Solo farmer, whom multi logged to cut trees / coal piles. (With some minor help)

aha, so he solo spend around 33 hrs/day. HOLY CRAP!

33 working hrs/day can be achieved quite easy when you take multi logged chars into account, i would say 8-10h days Maybe ? (2+ Multi-logged) ?

DOH !

I rest my case.

PS: Im sure your village spent a combined hourly day of 150-200h a day on this game HOLY CRAP. When we spent x4 less for almost same effect ^.^

L33LEE

Postby Dallane » Wed May 08, 2013 10:15 pm

I like how retri rages the ***** out without reading where I took up for him and corrected magic.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements