Game Development: 1UP

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: 1UP

Postby colesie » Wed May 08, 2013 6:01 am

Dallane wrote:
Trypticoon wrote:
L33LEE wrote:Newbs on this game have no ***** CLUE how HARD IT WAS to make a 350+ bile char from scratch.

Not as hard as it is now.

It wasn't hard at all back when pruity was good. Hitting the 200-300 mark was a day of cooking and eating. That also depends on your farming setup tho.

I got to 200 biles in an afternoon lol
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 08, 2013 6:29 am

L33LEE wrote:To grind 0-100% pure seeds, on all elements on all seeds is about 3000+ hours OF GRINDING ON THE OLD SYSTEM. (chopping trees, Making coal, processing, seed selection, replanting time etc etc etc etc).

Bit of a correction here for the new players. At one point, fertilizers had a strong influence on the direction of crop purity, and so many players used high quality dross to push crops up to over 50% very fast and then it took little effort (relatively, anyway) to get it up higher. It certainly didn't take the thousands of hours implied above. To put things in perspective, I have always been very casual at this game, and I was able to hit 50+ with only a few hours a week in and no mines to make dross to fertilize my fields with.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Bittereinder » Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 am

MagicManICT wrote:
L33LEE wrote:To grind 0-100% pure seeds, on all elements on all seeds is about 3000+ hours OF GRINDING ON THE OLD SYSTEM. (chopping trees, Making coal, processing, seed selection, replanting time etc etc etc etc).

Bit of a correction here for the new players. At one point, fertilizers had a strong influence on the direction of crop purity, and so many players used high quality dross to push crops up to over 50% very fast and then it took little effort (relatively, anyway) to get it up higher. It certainly didn't take the thousands of hours implied above. To put things in perspective, I have always been very casual at this game, and I was able to hit 50+ with only a few hours a week in and no mines to make dross to fertilize my fields with.

Also, after a few months, players could just buy medium or high purity seeds from other players.
Bittereinder

Postby Spazzmaticus » Wed May 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Bittereinder wrote:
Also, after a few months, players could just buy medium or high purity seeds from other players.

And how are things different this time around? What's keeping you from just taking the easy route and waiting it out?
Spazzmaticus

Postby Darkside » Wed May 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Spazzmaticus wrote:
Bittereinder wrote:

And how are things different this time around? What's keeping you from just taking the easy route and waiting it out?

This is true.

It maybe a bit more involved than it was before but its certainly going to be possible to buy high purity boards from the stalls plus high purity worms and then after waiting for the high purity humus to form you are starting off right from the top.

I've been thinking about it and I think a better system would have been one where the field itself is the key to purity grind. You build up the field's alchemies over time by each successive preparation, so you have some fields dedicated to high salt, others high mercury, etc... and you feed them high salt/mercury humus during field preparation to build up those values each time you plant.
Darkside

Postby Dallane » Wed May 08, 2013 3:44 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

That was only on plymouth. Roanoke is the server he played on and that was somewhat more difficult but not much
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Potjeh » Wed May 08, 2013 4:18 pm

It's physically impossible to grind up 100% purity now.
Potjeh

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Wed May 08, 2013 4:25 pm

L33LEE wrote:People still make me cry with laughter all the time when i read.

300+ bile chars EARNED IT, If you think it was "easy mode" do not get your hopes up, even if the old purity system existed, an avarage hermit would NEVER OWN 1 x 300 bile character, An average village would never own a 300 bile char, not even in 6 months.

To grind 0-100% pure seeds, on all elements on all seeds is about 3000+ hours OF GRINDING ON THE OLD SYSTEM. (chopping trees, Making coal, processing, seed selection, replanting time etc etc etc etc).

I would love to have actual numbers to share on how much food it takes to cook and consume to get to 350 biles, because it will be close to 2-3k COOKED FOOD + 5k Raw produce thats for sure. Now ill leave you to do the small maths on oven capacity, crafting pie dough time, crafting the pies, cakes, crumbs, farming 1000kg flour, 1k aspens, 1k colewort ( Per char ), Let alone the T2 produce required also.

Newbs on this game have no ***** CLUE how HARD IT WAS to make a 350+ bile char from scratch.

PS: Then Add EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS GAME REQUIRED > Building a base, building mass amounts of defense, earning silver for upkeep of huge claims, and yea. It is funneh.

They may have earned it, but the game has changed a lot since then. No one else can earn toons like that ever again with this new system. It would not be so big of a deal except that 2 of 3 servers are being dominated by these players. With the current system, there is no way to unseat these players.
tweenprinc3ss

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Had forgotten about that, Dallane. Thanks for the clarification.

And I wouldn't say nobody can ever earn stats like that again. It's going to take some time to do so, and there's a lot of little things that will have to work together if it is achieved. (How it will all work together in the end is beyond me, though.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby L33LEE » Wed May 08, 2013 6:46 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

Yes because the purity effect from fertz was "in effect" when Roanoak was launched. (It was nerfed like almost instantly after open beta was launched if i am not mistaken, because 1 week after i started playing on plymouth i tried what you said about putting dross on a field, and it done nothing, because it was already removed, so YEP.) (WE ARE ON ROANOAK)

MagicManICT, Let me know when ANY OF YOU who just commented on my post, personally or village grinded seeds from 0-100% WITHOUT PURITY EFFECT FROM FERTS (because this was gone on roan when we started).

Mods and "elites" making comments on subjects again they have no ***** clue about also when they have played the longest, grinded the least and never even owned a "titan char". Your worse than the newbs. What a great community of information we got here chaps, 99% of info spouted from the mods + "elites" as they call themselves are almost 99% WRONG.

PS: Bit of a correction here for the new players, Its possible to grind to 100 biles in a couple of weeks, without much more than a couple of cabbage and cereal fields, the mods and players commenting on my posts have never owned a high bile character, thus do not listen to any **** they talk about. Colsie, Dallane, Magicman ETC ETC, "CLAIM" to have "TITANS" and have made 200-300 bile chars in a day, yet they are still **** in a **** claim, still capable of doing ****, and have NEVER posted a vid of themselves doing any type of raiding, or have they EVER posted a image of these phantom "titans" they own.

I say to you guys, Put up or shut up.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements