Game Development: 1UP

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: 1UP

Postby L33LEE » Tue May 07, 2013 6:43 pm

People still make me cry with laughter all the time when i read.

300+ bile chars EARNED IT, If you think it was "easy mode" do not get your hopes up, even if the old purity system existed, an avarage hermit would NEVER OWN 1 x 300 bile character, An average village would never own a 300 bile char, not even in 6 months.

To grind 0-100% pure seeds, on all elements on all seeds is about 3000+ hours OF GRINDING ON THE OLD SYSTEM. (chopping trees, Making coal, processing, seed selection, replanting time etc etc etc etc).

I would love to have actual numbers to share on how much food it takes to cook and consume to get to 350 biles, because it will be close to 2-3k COOKED FOOD + 5k Raw produce thats for sure. Now ill leave you to do the small maths on oven capacity, crafting pie dough time, crafting the pies, cakes, crumbs, farming 1000kg flour, 1k aspens, 1k colewort ( Per char ), Let alone the T2 produce required also.

Newbs on this game have no ***** CLUE how HARD IT WAS to make a 350+ bile char from scratch.

PS: Then Add EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS GAME REQUIRED > Building a base, building mass amounts of defense, earning silver for upkeep of huge claims, and yea. It is funneh.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby wiatrak » Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 pm

L33LEE wrote:It is funneh.

it was. :P
wiatrak
Customer

Postby RainbowMoostache » Tue May 07, 2013 7:46 pm

wiatrak wrote:

It is now.
RainbowMoostache

Postby Kandarim » Tue May 07, 2013 9:12 pm

RainbowMoostache wrote:
wiatrak wrote:

It is now.

but will it have been :?:
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby derlaid » Tue May 07, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm pretty sure no newbie knows how difficult it is to get a 350+ bile character because no one except a few people are going to invest 3000 hours into playing this terrible game.
derlaid

Postby Trypticoon » Tue May 07, 2013 10:39 pm

L33LEE wrote:Newbs on this game have no ***** CLUE how HARD IT WAS to make a 350+ bile char from scratch.

Not as hard as it is now.
Trypticoon

Postby Nimmeth » Wed May 08, 2013 12:01 am

derlaid wrote:I'm pretty sure no newbie knows how difficult it is to get a 350+ bile character because no one except a few people are going to invest 3000 hours into playing this terrible game.

Why are you using time on the forum if this game is that terrible? it seems to be a rather stupid thing to do...
maybe you should just move on as a lot of other people have done.
reminds me of dallane, using **** tons of time on the forums, only to demotivate people that plays.

have a bit of faith and brains to see that these changes is a part of a bigger picture. imho i think they should load off all the changes at once, instead of doing it slowly like this.
also have the feeling that the devs is spending below 8 hours weekly on the game. could also be why we are getting so small (but big impact) updates weekly.
loftar don't even play anymore himself, that's a bad statement to give players (atleast that what he told last "event")
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
Nimmeth
Customer

Postby colesie » Wed May 08, 2013 4:36 am

Nimmeth wrote:
derlaid wrote:I'm pretty sure no newbie knows how difficult it is to get a 350+ bile character because no one except a few people are going to invest 3000 hours into playing this terrible game.

Why are you using time on the forum if this game is that terrible? it seems to be a rather stupid thing to do...
maybe you should just move on as a lot of other people have done.
reminds me of dallane, using **** tons of time on the forums, only to demotivate people that plays.

have a bit of faith and brains to see that these changes is a part of a bigger picture. imho i think they should load off all the changes at once, instead of doing it slowly like this.
also have the feeling that the devs is spending below 8 hours weekly on the game. could also be why we are getting so small (but big impact) updates weekly.
loftar don't even play anymore himself, that's a bad statement to give players (atleast that what he told last "event")

Loftar never really played, Jorb plays a lot more. Also, they can't simply dump a bunch of content for 2 reasons
1) Alchemy content is non-existent atm. They cannot dump content that they're still planning. Witchcraft sure is already implemented however
2)If you dump a bunch of untested content you're just opening up the doors for massive abuses which would then lead to wiped worlds/characters
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Dallane » Wed May 08, 2013 4:45 am

Trypticoon wrote:
L33LEE wrote:Newbs on this game have no ***** CLUE how HARD IT WAS to make a 350+ bile char from scratch.

It wasn't hard at all back when pruity was good. Hitting the 200-300 mark was a day of cooking and eating. That also depends on your farming setup tho.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Azor » Wed May 08, 2013 4:51 am

Dallane wrote:
Trypticoon wrote:

It wasn't hard at all back when pruity was good. Hitting the 200-300 mark was a day of cooking and eating. That also depends on your farming setup tho.

About 2 hours.
cooking4nabz
Azor

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements