Game Development: Nickels & Dimes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Nickels & Dimes

Postby BubbaMKII » Thu May 02, 2013 10:20 am

CockyBastard wrote:
Serejai wrote:How exactly does purity work for smelting anyway? I put in all 37% Iron Ore and I got back a 10% bar and a bunch of Dross ranging from 13% to 18% purity.

Check the wiki, you need a mixture of ore & lime - and I expect its purity will affect the result.

No you don't
You can use all ore and, used to, get the purity of the ore in one bar and a load of dross
Not sure if that has been changed, it wouldn't surprise me though with all the nerfdates.
BubbaMKII

Postby rustles » Fri May 24, 2013 11:08 am

Just so you all know, the cave in is bugged. Building a support after **** start falling from ceiling wont prevent cave in.

http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6679
rustles

Postby Bearcub » Fri May 24, 2013 1:18 pm

rustles wrote:Just so you all know, the cave in is bugged. Building a support after **** start falling from ceiling wont prevent cave in.

It prevents. I built once and it helped. I saw your buggy cave :?
Trade is the first step to the diplomacy.
Diplomacy is a tool for unification.
Then be honest with your customers to make new bonds!
Bearcub

Postby BubbaMKII » Fri May 31, 2013 2:26 pm

rustles wrote:Just so you all know, the cave in is bugged. Building a support after **** start falling from ceiling wont prevent cave in.

So why didn't you build one to prevent it from caving in?
sheesh, it's the first thing i did when those supports were added but no, rustles waits till it drops on him, THEN he is going to build a support and cry when it's not working. :p
Also, if you wonder if your area is still covered, "build" a new support on the exisitng one and the range will pop up.
BubbaMKII

Postby T0ne » Fri May 31, 2013 3:35 pm

It really is non intuitive, but once the cave-in has started you have to build it literally right under the area where the particles are dropping. I made this mistake as well, but quickly built one in the right spot and it stopped the cave in. You would think since there is the circular area that comes up as a point of reference, that area would be covered. But if you build the support directly under where the dust is falling is you should be fine.
T0ne

Previous

Return to Announcements