Game Development: Theatrum Chemicum

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Theatrum Chemicum

Postby Mereni » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:54 am

dageir wrote:It seems like pumpkin flesh, garlics and bellpeppers are the only things that are defined as "any plant" that also are grown. (Except the white mushrooms and grass..)
Of these pumpkin is the only mass-producable item on a field. It would be a great relief if the devs could inlude the cabbages aswell. I will go for the pumpkins in the meanwhile.

It does seem odd since cabbage leaves can be composted like plants and fed to turkeys like plants.
Mereni

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:03 am

So can meat, earthworms, seeds,...
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Darkside » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:44 pm

MagicManICT wrote:So can meat, earthworms, seeds,...

Would be funny if there was no plant food the worms started eating each other :o
Darkside

Postby dageir » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Darkside wrote:

Would be funny if there was no plant food the worms started eating each other :o

12 hours after the last plant is gone from a worm, he starts eating the closest worm. They should be able to move around aswell.
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby Scilly_guy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Wormaries! ... and Worm Armies!
Scilly_guy

Postby dageir » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 pm

The name of the game could change to "Worm". (Pun intended.)
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby Darkside » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:08 pm

dageir wrote:
Darkside wrote:

12 hours after the last plant is gone from a worm, he starts eating the closest worm. They should be able to move around aswell.

Darkside

Postby dageir » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Hehe. I just imagined the entire game evolving around the use of worms for everything. Combat worms, farmer worms, woodchopper worms and so on.
dageir

Postby Chiprel » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Lets spice the things up.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby forge » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:04 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
malaclypse wrote:Nope, I have actually not graphed all the formula's in the game. Have you?

No, I don't need to. I know what the graphs for the various formulas look like because I've actually looked at the formulas and I've done enough graphing of various functions in my life I know what many of them look like. As much as I hated the homework, having to draw all those graphs by hand in high school has paid off. Truly, you shouldn't either if you've looked at the formulas and thought about them for more than a few minutes. (Note: Not sure anyone has gotten the damage formulas for combat, but they're essentially the same as previously with multipliers for reel and imbalance. They can be found on the Paradox Salem forums.)

malaclypse wrote:I have looked at how much fun I and others have been having while playing, though. Does that count or do I need to run all the numbers first?

Well, this isn't the first time you've brought it up. If a "logarithmic curve" is so much superior, you should probably present some numbers as to why. You may not convince the devs to rework everything, but you might convince us and future game developers.

But, if you're having that much fun, there must not be much anything wrong with the current system.

I made this chart to help everyone understand the problem. I used all datapoints in my "logarithmic curve" such as bile stats and friends averaged into fun stats. Fun stats were pretty hard to gather though so I ran out of valid fun stat datapoints near the end of my graph enjoy.

forge

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements