Game Development: As Above, so Below

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: As Above, so Below

Postby ysbryd » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Has it occured to anyone that this patch might BE the fix?
Anyway, wednesday today, (in europe) tomorrow is patch day... nightmares anyone?
Is terminally confused and her head hurts
ysbryd

Postby harushu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:52 pm

You know if purity of structures, like compost bins, are going to affect the purity that is produced within (which is an ok thing), I think there should be a way to see the purity of the structure. You know like when you open it to take humus out it should display it's purity/alchemy values....just saying
harushu

Postby Wournos » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:18 pm

ysbryd wrote:Has it occured to anyone that this patch might BE the fix?
Anyway, wednesday today, (in europe) tomorrow is patch day... nightmares anyone?

They started coming after this last purity update. I keep dreaming about finding quality compost/items to put in compost. :shock:
harushu wrote:You know if purity of structures, like compost bins, are going to affect the purity that is produced within (which is an ok thing), I think there should be a way to see the purity of the structure. You know like when you open it to take humus out it should display it's purity/alchemy values....just saying

That would be nice but seeing how they haven't added some of the convenient Ender Client features (like holding shift/control to view purity among other things) I doubt it will happen.
Reminder to self: Patience is a virtue.
If Apple blocks Java on Mac: delete
Wournos

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 pm

ysbryd wrote:Has it occured to anyone that this patch might BE the fix?

More like the first step in the fixes.

No nightmares from me. I'm just a noob right now, anyway. I run away from bears still, or find the friendly neighborhood deer patrol to take it out for me.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Darkside » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Hell I still haven't got a harvestable tree from the update last week :P Made a few purity pots and planted the cuttings late Friday, the only tree I got so far is still too small to get branches from to see what its purities are.
Darkside

Postby Viackura » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:03 pm

humus influence on crops is simply ridiculous, basically you need higher tier humus than the crop you want to plant and How are you going to get high humus when you can't even get that to get good trees???

trying to grow a farm from 0, planted 7% cereal on 0% farm field and got a 1% cereal
planted 5% cereal on 1.05 multiplier humus and got 1.05 cereal lmao
Viackura

Postby agentlemanloser » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:28 pm

I haven't had time to wade through the 68 pages of bellyaching, so I don't know if this very obvious development point has been raised, but if it has not, it needs to be brought to Jorb's attention: now that the new purity mechanics have been (partially) implemented, it will become necessary for a return to the earlier incarnation of agriculture in which fertilizer purity also had an effect on resultant crop purity. This must be done purely for logical consistency, for if pot materials affect resultant product then fertilizer must also have a similar effect. The effect should be proportionally small, of course, as one can use many fertilizers and a proportionally large value would result in a perpetuation of exploits, but this mechanic is necessary nonetheless. I assume Jorb reads these postings, so I propose that fertilizer purity factor into the final equation at something like 1/8 value (all fertilizing iterations included in 1/8 value), with 3/8 being crop and 1/2 being humus purity. Thoughts?
agentlemanloser

Postby lachlaan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Only 2 hours and 15 minutes until thursday. I expect a swift patch, mhm. And also, in response to the 1/8th of the output crop purity being determined by fertilizers used, I think that's just overcomplicating an already sufficiently complex system. It would also imbalance the utility of the various fertilizers, in that it's harder to get pure coal than it is to get pure lime. But then unless they make refining of materials available, coal will always be able to reach higher purities than lime. And letting people just spam dross to up their purity defeats the purpose of making pure seeds harder to get. So my thought on your proposal is ... let's just see what changes they add tomorrow, and what they keep implementing until they say that the purity and agriculture systems are finished.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby martinuzz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 am

agentlemanloser wrote:I haven't had time to wade through the 68 pages of bellyaching, so I don't know if this very obvious development point has been raised, but if it has not, it needs to be brought to Jorb's attention: now that the new purity mechanics have been (partially) implemented, it will become necessary for a return to the earlier incarnation of agriculture in which fertilizer purity also had an effect on resultant crop purity. This must be done purely for logical consistency, for if pot materials affect resultant product then fertilizer must also have a similar effect. The effect should be proportionally small, of course, as one can use many fertilizers and a proportionally large value would result in a perpetuation of exploits, but this mechanic is necessary nonetheless. I assume Jorb reads these postings, so I propose that fertilizer purity factor into the final equation at something like 1/8 value (all fertilizing iterations included in 1/8 value), with 3/8 being crop and 1/2 being humus purity. Thoughts?

Are you daft, or is this a crude trolling attempt?
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Postby colesie » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:35 am

Update tonight :) Will either mean salvation or another nail in the coffin of Salem

But no pressure
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements