Game Development: As Above, so Below

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: As Above, so Below

Postby Sidran » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42 am

colesie wrote:Update tonight :) Will either mean salvation or another nail in the coffin of Salem

But no pressure

Not necessarily. We dont yet know what Jorb has in mind as final goal. This update will undoubtedly bring some more clarification but could still leave everything in the air till next update.

Having some hint when it is coming would be nice.. its 1:41AM already..
Sidran

Postby martinuzz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:45 am

Freeze-dry some Redbull, then snort it. It helps. The fact that it glues your nostrils together is just a minor inconvenience.
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Postby colesie » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:47 am

Sidran wrote:
colesie wrote:Update tonight :) Will either mean salvation or another nail in the coffin of Salem

But no pressure

Not necessarily. We dont yet know what Jorb has in mind as final goal. This update will undoubtedly bring some more clarification but could still leave everything in the air till next update.

Having some hint when it is coming would be nice.. its 1:41AM already..

Updates usually happen around midnight my time.. It's 8:46pm atm
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Yourgrandmother » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Have been doing various tests with new farming and humus.

This game is so broken and pathetic it's laughable. A new server with current seed purity grind and you could make a 20 brazier HV and be invincible from summon kill for 1 year.

Planted 75% seeds with 5-20% respective element humus.

Result: 1-10% purity colewort (on x24 fields)

Planted 46% seeds with 44-46% respective humus.

Result: 35-40% white cabbage (on x30 fields)

Planted 62% seeds with 95-100% respective humus.

Result: 51,52,54,57,58,63 (on 6 fields)

Jorb, Loftar.

You have turned something fun into ****. I don't even want to imagine how bad seed grinding will be now that you have to use humus from scratch. Fortunately my group is raiding/pillaging and making dozens of people quit the game/week stealing any humus over 10% to sustain our growth.

The entire world population is down and declining and your attempt at 2nd update introduced another pathetic compost grind with worms and an utterly broken pressure cooker that all the HnH vets exploited items to billions of purity within hours.

/puke
Yourgrandmother

Postby Dallane » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:34 am

Yourgrandmother wrote:Have been doing various tests with new farming and humus.

This game is so broken and pathetic it's laughable. A new server with current seed purity grind and you could make a 20 brazier HV and be invincible from summon kill for 1 year.

Planted 75% seeds with 5-20% respective element humus.

Result: 1-10% purity colewort (on x24 fields)

Planted 46% seeds with 44-46% respective humus.

Result: 35-40% white cabbage (on x30 fields)

Planted 62% seeds with 95-100% respective humus.

Result: 51,52,54,57,58,63 (on 6 fields)

Jorb, Loftar.

You have turned something fun into ****. I don't even want to imagine how bad seed grinding will be now that you have to use humus from scratch. Fortunately my group is raiding/pillaging and making dozens of people quit the game/week stealing any humus over 10% to sustain our growth.

The entire world population is down and declining and your attempt at 2nd update introduced another pathetic compost grind with worms and an utterly broken pressure cooker that all the HnH vets exploited items to billions of purity within hours.

/puke

Thanks chief
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby dageir » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 am

As I have said before: Nerf the entire game after most of the updates on purity is done. Everything down to the base purity. And while they are at it: Everyone down to 5/5/5/5, keep proficiencies so people can use aquired skills to build themselves up.
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby martinuzz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:49 pm

my second generation of trees turned out 4% pure, which is less bad than I expected.
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Postby Droj » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:17 pm

martinuzz wrote:my second generation of trees turned out 4% pure, which is less bad than I expected.

Interesting, what had the greatest purity beforehand assuming they were all of similar elemental composition. The pot, water...?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby martinuzz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:25 pm

the first generation used 20% pure humus with 9% pure water, in a 3% pure pot. The second generation used a 1% sapling, same water, in the same pot, with 93% pure humus.
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
martinuzz

Postby Darkside » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:09 pm

martinuzz wrote:the first generation used 20% pure humus with 9% pure water, in a 3% pure pot. The second generation used a 1% sapling, same water, in the same pot, with 93% pure humus.

Ack, with 93% humus and that's considered a good outcome? :(

Imagine a new server or just someone who does not have 93% humus lying around ;)
Darkside

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements