Game Development: Pistols at Dawn

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Pistols at Dawn

Postby robert » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 pm

not sure on that, my elevated shooting was done on a normal cliff/hill towards a lower hill/meadow. im pretty sure walls would still block the shot. BUT as i dont live in a house on a hill i wont say for sure.
robert

Postby JeffGV » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 am

Since when used bars of bubbly soap aren't sellable anymore?
Or maybe i haven't read about that. Anyway, quite annoying. Especially since there is no way to see beforehand if it is used or not...
JeffGV

Postby Jaunt » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:32 am

Think it was this patch. I just stumbled on to that trick when it suddenly stopped working.
Jaunt

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:11 pm

JeffGV wrote: Especially since there is no way to see beforehand if it is used or not...

Well, the easy way to tell is to sell it as soon as you make it if you want the silver for it. ;)

Otherwise, yeah, do agree there should be some sort of indicator as to how much soap is left. Flour, sugar, and other items seem to be able to indicate this.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Kandarim » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:36 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
JeffGV wrote: Especially since there is no way to see beforehand if it is used or not...

Well, the easy way to tell is to sell it as soon as you make it if you want the silver for it. ;)

Otherwise, yeah, do agree there should be some sort of indicator as to how much soap is left. Flour, sugar, and other items seem to be able to indicate this.

as far as my experience goes, the bubbles you got from a bar were random.
Agreed, it was nice for the free bubblez before selling, but it was also obviously an exploit, imo
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby JeffGV » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:57 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

That is, if you aren't making more than one. I already depleted soap in the past cause i couldn't remember if it was already used or not. :lol:
Anyway, some kind of visual indicator of it being used - like a different sprite - would be nice (or even changing the name to "used bubbly soap" or something like that.
JeffGV

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:11 am

Kandarim wrote:as far as my experience goes, the bubbles you got from a bar were random.

I've not used enough of them. Will be good to keep in mind and makes it hard to give an "exact" number, but I'm sure there's a value associated with it like chance of being used up = 1/(1 - 1/n^2) or something like that. You could at least show the approximate number of uses or something like that, too.

JeffGV wrote:(or even changing the name to "used bubbly soap" or something like that.

That'd be just fine, too. Simple and obvious without giving away any other information.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Mereni » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:34 am

Weird, I've always gotten 4. No more, no less.
Mereni

Postby csnow » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:32 pm

noticing the Dirt tile has yet to be changed, *sigh*
ImageImage
Body Bags 2 Boston, Haven - Boston City Crooks,
csnow

Postby csnow » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:33 am

csnow wrote:noticing the Dirt tile has yet to be changed, *sigh*

My prayers have been answered and for this i am grateful
ImageImage