Game Development: Gunpowder Plot

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Gunpowder Plot

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:29 am

Wournos wrote:No need to be rude, you know (and no, you're not the first who are).

The only issue with slings (and musket?) is the possibility of missing the target if you stand on a slightly hilly area. A normal person would adjust the aim to hit the target if you're on a hill (or at the foot of one) and not shoot straight ahead.

Wasent going for rude, but my apologies none the less. I only meant, so many players whining about this when it makes total sense as well as adds more challenge to the game. I get the impression half he people here want animals that explode treasure when given a mean look. I agree with the guy who mentioned bunnies running even adter aggro. I love this idea, it makes total sense! Now, it would make them pretty tough with current tools, but i think could be great once trapping is in the game, which it will be evetually...
tweenprinc3ss

Postby JeffGV » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 am

I wonder if they will implement the castle doctrine ingame, since they seem so eager to have realism in the game, though.
JeffGV

Postby Dallane » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 am

JeffGV wrote:I wonder if they will implement the castle doctrine ingame, since they seem so eager to have realism in the game, though.

You spam that idea more then i post
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ysbryd » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Am I the only one who finds hunting easier?
Is terminally confused and her head hurts
ysbryd

Postby Hans_Lemurson » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:46 pm

ysbryd wrote:Am I the only one who finds hunting easier?

Well, the fact that you can aggro animals from a distance and have them charge at you in a straight line can certainly make combat easier than walking up and attempting to stab them repeatedly.

Dallane wrote:
JeffGV wrote:I wonder if they will implement the castle doctrine ingame, since they seem so eager to have realism in the game, though.

You spam that idea more then i post

I'm really not sure that's possible.

Castle Doctrine FTW!!!
Low FPS? Love Pixels? Try my new graphics pack! It's Pixelicious. :)
Compost Bin purity formula: Now doing science to earthworms
Hans_Lemurson

Postby matt3206 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:25 pm

i like the pebble idea, but why not just make it stackable like seeds?

You wouldn't need a pouch, and you would have room to butcher animals on the go. or if you really want an ammo pouch then all you would need is one slot because the ammo is stackable. not much room for exploitation there. i mean it would make sense that you could carry 50 or 25 small pebbles in a pouch.

i dont think the snakes should run, one they dont have the kind of agility to dodge a human running at full speed(aka crawling on their bellies). two the three poisonous snakes you find in North America (cooperhead, rattle snake, cottonmouth or water moccasin) are pretty aggressive snakes. and they should not be hunted with a slingshot...thats just plain retarted. sticks and sword/knife is how you really would hunt them.

it would give the hunting game a bit of variety, using different tactics on different animals. instead of the same cookie cutter technique on all animals.
I like the idea of traps, using fish as bait for a beaver or every so often a bear comes along :pucker: :o snares for rabbits. to me it would seem more realistic to live off the land like that, it feels like we are getting driven like cattle to purchase silver.

native americans didnt use the white mans money, and they were experts at hunting big and small game alike.

Oh and for the peeps that want to hunt from their boats idk do deer and bears bodies disappear in shallows like crickets and rabbits?
Xian01 wrote:***** you *******. Where the ***** do you think your first customers came from ?

Eat a bag of *****.

bigbeninlondon wrote: Little known fact; a bag of ***** contains exactly 17 *****. It is known as a "hooker's dozen".
matt3206

Postby Kandarim » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:45 pm

matt3206 wrote:Oh and for the peeps that want to hunt from their boats idk do deer and bears bodies disappear in shallows like crickets and rabbits?

nope
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby trinh » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Well distance hunting is nice, I hope someday arrows and bow appear in the game. However looking @ hunting from newbie side it's now more frustrating then it should be (inb4. moar tears for jorbtar pl0x). So catching mechanics for rabbits and crickets should appear. Maybe some random chance for fight back?

Also it's impossible shot over stone boulders, old logs or walls. I hope this will be adjusted someday too.

Oh and for the peeps that want to hunt from their boats idk do deer and bears bodies disappear in shallows like crickets and rabbits?

They stay.
Image Plymouth! Live free or die trying. #salem @ synIRC statistics ⚔⚔⚔⚔
trinh

Postby Hans_Lemurson » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:54 pm

trinh wrote:Also it's impossible shot over stone boulders, old logs or walls. I hope this will be adjusted someday too.

God to know. I'll add that to the wiki. This is extra confirmation of what Dallane said about "if you can't walk over it, you can't shoot over it".
Low FPS? Love Pixels? Try my new graphics pack! It's Pixelicious. :)
Compost Bin purity formula: Now doing science to earthworms
Hans_Lemurson

Postby Nikixos » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:44 pm

possible bug: wild turkeys don't flee when a player gets near them
Image Image
Nikixos

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements