Game Development: Gunpowder Plot

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Gunpowder Plot

Postby dageir » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Its easier than before, except you have to carry some stones.
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby Scilly_guy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Anyone know how long the server was down, my timber piles should be drying any minute (30 minutes ago) if the 133hrs on the wiki is correct.
Scilly_guy

Postby Scilly_guy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:04 pm

I guess it was down for 30 minutes or so as the first one dried just as I posted that.
Scilly_guy

Postby ysbryd » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Didnt you know a server restart resets the timer and you have to wait a full 133 hrs again?? ¦]
Is terminally confused and her head hurts
ysbryd

Postby darnokpl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:41 pm

It would be nice if we could shoot over walls that are on our claim or we have full access to that claim or if walls are lower than our char position :)
darnokpl

Postby Vallzi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:04 pm

I'm not sure if someone suggested this yet.

What if, instead of pouches to keep our stones (for shooting the slingshot)

(which could be used to store stone for other purposes, which isn't realistic; example- I fill my inventory with 16 stones, to create 16 paved tiles. Because the stones are big enough. So they wouldn't be able to fit in a small pouch. Much like I wouldn't be shooting rock the size of my fist with this tiny slingshot.)

So I suggest maybe being able to split or crush? rocks, like Woodblocks make choppings. Rocks would make Pebbles which could be stored in a Pebble Pouch which could be equiptable if the character has a belt.

Pebble pouch can only store set number of pebbles.
Pebbles can only be shot out of slingshots.

On a side note, shooting "stones" out of the slingshot and doing below 1.0 damage is makes little sense, the stones are big enough to crush the critters :P

But a pebble would just barely bruise it =D
Vallzi

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Sarge wrote:
travhill20 wrote:So animals auto run away... yay chasing after them and wasting time is fun

Please fix this for us noobs? Maybe bunnies and crickets is changed back to how they were before? Trying to kill 11 crickets has become pretty unpleasant.

Waaa. Dry those tears and level up. Bunnies SHOULD run away. Work with it.
tweenprinc3ss

Postby Wournos » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 pm

tweenprinc3ss wrote:
Sarge wrote:
travhill20 wrote:So animals auto run away... yay chasing after them and wasting time is fun

Please fix this for us noobs? Maybe bunnies and crickets is changed back to how they were before? Trying to kill 11 crickets has become pretty unpleasant.

Waaa. Dry those tears and level up. Bunnies SHOULD run away. Work with it.

No need to be rude, you know (and no, you're not the first who are).

The only issue with slings (and musket?) is the possibility of missing the target if you stand on a slightly hilly area. A normal person would adjust the aim to hit the target if you're on a hill (or at the foot of one) and not shoot straight ahead.
Reminder to self: Patience is a virtue.
If Apple blocks Java on Mac: delete
Wournos

Postby Champie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:09 pm

tweenprinc3ss wrote:Waaa. Dry those tears and level up. Bunnies SHOULD run away. Work with it.

In addition to your comment, I also find it odd that bunnies and crickets attack once they are agro'd. It might be interesting to see bunnies and crickets run away even after being agro'd unless they are dealt a critical hit that limits their speed/mobility. Then they can easily be pursued and dealt a death blow. However, I have no complaints about the current implementation.
Champie

Postby Nikixos » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Snakes are more risky to kill, how about you make etterfangs more common when butchering
Image Image
Nikixos

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements