Game Development: Gunpowder Plot

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Gunpowder Plot

Postby Glennfinnan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:02 am

No, I only refered to the part that you got wrong and corrected it.
And I'm not really sure if it is absurd [maybe only for the moment being], if we will be able to make musket balls and gunpowder ourselves. Just like you don't buy metal bars for 200 silver each.
Glennfinnan

Postby robert » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:08 am

Glennfinnan wrote:No, I only refered to the part that you got wrong and corrected it.
And I'm not really sure if it is absurd [maybe only for the moment being], if we will be able to make musket balls and gunpowder ourselves. Just like you don't buy metal bars for 200 silver each.

bars can and should beable to make balls. 1800's regulars would use tin toy soldiers for bullets. so i dont see why we cant take 1 iron bar and smelt it down in to 5-10 balls (if we use the nail system...) leave powder as an npc shop buyable until salt peter/sulfur is a mineable resource then its just

GG
robert

Postby FearTheAmish » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:11 am

robert wrote:
Glennfinnan wrote:No, I only refered to the part that you got wrong and corrected it.

bars can and should beable to make balls. 1800's regulars would use tin toy soldiers for bullets. so i dont see why we cant take 1 iron bar and smelt it down in to 5-10 balls (if we use the nail system...) leave powder as an npc shop buyable until salt peter/sulfur is a mineable resource then its just

GG

they would use LEAD soldiers not Iron... which was what those bars are. Which was amazingly scarce in the New World because Lead goes with Silver, yes it can be found solo but is not common.
FearTheAmish

Postby Potjeh » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:26 am

Sweet update, but how come you didn't include Guy Fawkes masks in an update titled Gunpowder Plot?
Potjeh

Postby Mereni » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:27 am

It's extremely easy to accidentally shoot a smooth stone. :( And yeah, it's pretty tough to hunt small game now. Shooting it with a slingshot and then stabbing it the moment it attacks is doable, but all the stones I have to carry means no more gathering stuff for inpsirationals while hunting and no more butchering on site. :(
Mereni

Postby SnoopDogg » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:43 am

As a new player how am I meant to hunt rabbits anymore? I can't even get close enough to hit them. You just made it even harder for new players to start on the game.
SnoopDogg

Postby dageir » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:51 am

Do frogs run away aswell?
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby markost » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:53 am

Nice update.
Slingshot is nice, adds a challenge to hunting. Yet to try muskets.
Also, agree with people calling for a rock bag, without one, hunting small game is too much of a hassle, not hard, just a hassle.
Didn't notice problems with accuracy.

Also, calm down people, its beta, so guess who's job it is to do the testing?
A lot more stuff will be added in future, and these updates will be tweaked, taking into consideration our feedback.
markost

Postby FearTheAmish » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:58 am

Okay so just tried the slingshot it does piddly damage but its just for tagging. Honestly besides deer (which is a pain with either because they charge you) its not bad just different.
FearTheAmish

Postby Glennfinnan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:13 am

I think that reload hotkey/maneuver would come in handy.
Glennfinnan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements