Game Development: In the Shadow of Pixels

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: In the Shadow of Pixels

Postby Gallient » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:29 pm

Mushibag wrote:
Gallient wrote:paying customers

This game is in beta, and is free to play. I have a hard time believing that you spent real money to set up your farms, and if you did, well, tough ****. There is a disclaimer when you buy things that clearly states the possibility that you will lose your purchase.

None of that nullifies the fact that I am still a paying customer and I believe certain courtesies are entailed in that, like a few days warning before I get nuked. I'm sorry if you believe that's too much to ask.
Gallient

Postby Mushibag » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Gallient wrote:None of that nullifies the fact that I am still a paying customer and I believe certain courtesies are entailed in that, like a few days warning before I get nuked. I'm sorry if you believe that's too much to ask.

Obviously I'm not the only one who believes that's too much to ask, but I accept your apology nonetheless.
Mushibag

Postby Gallient » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Mushibag wrote:
Gallient wrote:None of that nullifies the fact that I am still a paying customer and I believe certain courtesies are entailed in that, like a few days warning before I get nuked. I'm sorry if you believe that's too much to ask.

Obviously I'm not the only one who believes that's too much to ask, but I accept your apology nonetheless.

Obviously I'm not the only one who believes that's not too much to ask. If the principle of the counter-argument is simply a belief that customers should have no expectation than that is much different from most of the "you deserved it because..." posts.
Gallient

Postby Mushibag » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:30 am

Gallient wrote:Obviously I'm not the only one who believes that's not too much to ask. If the principle of the counter-argument is simply a belief that customers should have no expectation than that is much different from most of the "you deserved it because..." posts.

The principle of my counter-argument is a belief that people understand what the beta phase of a game's development is. When a customer is establishing their expectations, they should factor that into their decision making process. I'm not saying that you shouldn't cry about a change that you don't like (tears fuel this game's development), but rather that you shouldn't cry about the loss of real money purchases. If you purchased something, you did so knowing that changes occur in the beta phase of a game's development, and those changes could affect any investments (time or money) that you've made in the game world.
Mushibag

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:48 am

Gallient wrote:
Mushibag wrote:This game is in beta, and is free to play. I have a hard time believing that you spent real money to set up your farms, and if you did, well, tough ****. There is a disclaimer when you buy things that clearly states the possibility that you will lose your purchase.

None of that nullifies the fact that I am still a paying BAGOUSER and I believe certain courtesies are entailed in that, like a few days warning before I get nuked. I'm sorry if you believe that's too much to ask.

ftfy
Ass_Kraken

Postby Champie4 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:55 am

Good grief, you miss the point entirely in a frantic effort call people out as whiners when the point of the argument is related to NOTIFICATION of impending changes. If you can't critically think, don't respond.
Champie4

Postby Mushibag » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 am

Champie4 wrote:Good grief, you miss the point entirely in a frantic effort call people out as whiners when the point of the argument is related to NOTIFICATION of impending changes. If you can't critically think, don't respond.

Yes, that's exactly what we need, another reason to delay updates.
Mushibag

Postby Otis » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 am

Champie4 wrote:Good grief, you miss the point entirely in a frantic effort call people out as whiners when the point of the argument is related to NOTIFICATION of impending changes. If you can't critically think, don't respond.

Bingo - is it really that hard to share more with us? One more line on the "We are changing stalls" post that included "Farm fix coming".

From my perspective the DEV's intent was to punish the 1x1 users. They want tears....
Awwww...Care Bears are so cute!!!!
Otis

Postby Champie4 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:18 am

Mushibag wrote:Yes, that's exactly what we need, another reason to delay updates.

Nice try. You think after months of the 1-tile field bug jorbtar just decided to pull the fix out of their asses one day?
Champie4

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:22 am

Champie4 wrote:
Mushibag wrote:Yes, that's exactly what we need, another reason to delay updates.

Nice try. You think after months of the 1-tile field bug jorbtar just decided to pull the fix out of their asses one day?

:lol:

Look at this guy.
Ass_Kraken

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements