Game Development: In the Shadow of Pixels

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: In the Shadow of Pixels

Postby colesie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 am

Myrdred wrote:Makeshift-stone-plank.

Hey, you. Don't go giving away the only thing we have left on us so quickly!
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Jaunt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 am

5 humor alt has the same drain as few hundred humor alt. and torch don't stop the effect. sigh no more glottony mode at my house now

Would you say that's because of some (new or old) maximum drain which you've hit, or would you speculate that humour development no longer combats darkness drain, for instance because darkness now stops regen, or something of that nature?
Jaunt

Postby colesie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 am

With darkness reduced is there still a feeling of slowly walking into it? Or does it just go from zero to black now
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby thorop » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 am

all i notice is 5humor guys has same .1 drain ever 1min as guy with all 200 humor . so i move over to a fire with 200 humor guy light a torch and wait . he still has same slow .1 drain ever 1min
“In a room sit three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man with his gold. Between them stands a sellsword, a little man of common birth and no great mind. Each of the great ones bids him slay the other two. So tell me—who lives and who dies?”
thorop

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 am

colesie wrote:Or does it just go from zero to black now

The completely other way around. Half the point with this update was to vastly increase the distance over which civilization decreases. The current map isn't even large enough to reach entirely into complete darkness.
loftar

Postby Potjeh » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:30 am

Why? IMO it'd be better if civilization reach was relatively short, to promote peaceful coexistence.
Potjeh

Postby colesie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 am

loftar wrote:

The completely other way around. Half the point with this update was to vastly increase the distance over which civilization decreases. The current map isn't even large enough to reach entirely into complete darkness.

D'aw, I sorta liked the mid-dark range walking. Made you feel like you were in a dark forest or something. Like a real survival feel to it.
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby Darwoth » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 am

game takes a lot (3x? 4x?) longer to load for some reason now (and my computer is better than most if not everybody else playing) for no visible change in graphics quality.

would also be nice if the default clients ridiculous camera angle was not the only option as i dont care to play with a headache or through seizures. the client really should be your first priority, out of my entire guild i only got 1 person to play, reason? for most it was the trash client being virtually unplayable, one guy was going to play anyway but you had just made the fishbowl camera change and he downloaded/logged on/said ***** it before he had a chance to download enders.

1k a week was bad, adding new stalls was bad, resetting the rent when i had just paid for a weeks worth the day before on all my stalls also pisses me off. none of the servers have the economy to support the weekly rent for the existing stalls so new ones just made the problem worse, i know since a great bulk of all stall sales on jamestown (metal, wood, seeds etc) has gone through my vendors for months, there simply is not the playerbase or economy to support 20k a week + 15% tax on profits, instead a few people i spoke with are having to go kill bears and crickets to pay for their stalls now lol.
Darwoth

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 am

colesie wrote:
loftar wrote:

D'aw, I sorta liked the mid-dark range walking. Made you feel like you were in a dark forest or something. Like a real survival feel to it.

Aren't you misunderstanding something? There is more of the mid-dark range now.

Potjeh wrote:Why? IMO it'd be better if civilization reach was relatively short, to promote peaceful coexistence.

Well, the reach of the fully civilized area is still as large as it was. We just wanted more semi-civilized land to be able to do things with the various degrees of civilization.
loftar

Postby Claeyt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:34 am

Can someone tell me why my claim stone has disappeared but my claim still shows active on the map? Can not see it, can not add money to spot where it was, can not activate spot where it was. Did they destroy claim stones that were to close to things?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements