Game Development: Home is where I Hang my Hat

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Home is where I Hang my Hat

Postby Procne » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Weird, I was PMed by 2 people who said they were raided by someone who kept building fences near their walls (right outside the claim) and nuking them, effectively destroying walls on claim, without even activating braziers. I told them to post about it but seems they haven't
Procne

Postby Dallane » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Mereni wrote:
akaVEGAS wrote:Im sure the devs will see this problem, and fix/nerf it.

But is it a problem? It's not a problem just because you say it is. I have yet to see any threads about successful raids since the last update. I do see someone on Roanoke got brave and tried to attack the Russians and failed miserably trying that destroy split rail thing.

You might want to reread that thread
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby akaVEGAS » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Mereni wrote:

But is it a problem? It's not a problem just because you say it is. I have yet to see any threads about successful raids since the last update. I do see someone on Roanoke got brave and tried to attack the Russians and failed miserably trying that destroy split rail thing.

Sir, you must be drunk.. Or you just choose to read the most recent post's of any thread. I have had a few friends get raided with this method being used. :)
akaVEGAS
Customer

Postby Nash » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Mereni wrote:

I do see someone on Roanoke got brave and tried to attack the Russians and failed miserably trying that destroy split rail thing.

Don't be silly.
Nash

Postby firefox2026 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Procne wrote:Weird, I was PMed by 2 people who said they were raided by someone who kept building fences near their walls (right outside the claim) and nuking them, effectively destroying walls on claim, without even activating braziers. I told them to post about it but seems they haven't

yes. I am not sure if this is an intended feature, but it is possible to build a fence outside and use it to damage inner wall that is on the claim as in this example.
Attachments
fence_trick.jpg
fence_trick.jpg (47.84 KiB) Viewed 5509 times
firefox2026

Postby Mereni » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:22 pm

That's a nice lack of braziers you have going on there.
Mereni

Postby Dallane » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Mereni wrote:That's a nice lack of braziers you have going on there.

and that has anything to do with the topic?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Mereni » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Dallane wrote:
Mereni wrote:That's a nice lack of braziers you have going on there.

and that has anything to do with the topic?

Yes, the fact that walls won't do anything for you if you don't have braziers. If he'd had a few in that inner area, they might have gotten in with that fence trick, considering they were able to build the split rail right there next to the wall, but they would have had a much harder time with the three walls I see beyond that.
Mereni

Postby jwhitehorn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Mereni wrote:Yes, the fact that walls won't do anything for you if you don't have braziers. If he'd had a few in that inner area, they might have gotten in with that fence trick, considering they were able to build the split rail right there next to the wall, but they would have had a much harder time with the three walls I see beyond that.

I'm just glad I lived to see the day where Dallane needs Mereni to explain game mechanics to him. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Khaztropix » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:46 pm

firefox2026 wrote:
Procne wrote:Weird, I was PMed by 2 people who said they were raided by someone who kept building fences near their walls (right outside the claim) and nuking them, effectively destroying walls on claim, without even activating braziers. I told them to post about it but seems they haven't

yes. I am not sure if this is an intended feature, but it is possible to build a fence outside and use it to damage inner wall that is on the claim as in this example.

That is a fearsome looking duo. I would have paid the treaty if I were you...
Khaztropix
Prince of the Gingerbread Men
I ride horse with Gods
Khaztropix

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements